Delete action calls external script or plugin

TeamB

TeamB

Add an option so the delete action calls an external script/tool with the path to be deleted.

This would allow custom scenarios a user could set up including things like files to delete count checking, moving filers to a recycle bin, renaming files for later deletion, extra notification and alerting.

The script/tool would be supplied by the user, it would return 0 for success or some other return code for error.

Alternatively allow plugins to supply a delete override function, the plugin approach would allow for tighter integration and potentially work on all platforms.

Edited by TeamB
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how a server-side script could allow extra notification or alerting at the UI side.  That is something that would have to be built into the system across all apps.

It could return a response without UI .

Yes technically this is possible but it would come after some additional safeguards that would benefit everyone.

tortue

This would be excellent! For some reason I thought Emby had the functionality to call a script when deleting something so I spent a bunch of time getting my external dvr configured, files renamed, and scripts set up. Then I went into Emby to find where I thought I had seen this capability... and was disappointed I invested the time without double checking things first.

If this capability ever makes it in development and needs to be tested, I'm ready to support testing/debugging.