Migration from Windows to Windows - Backup and Restore

karldonteljames

karldonteljames

Thanks Luke, Just checked a couple of the files and the date added on the nfo's is yesterdays date, how can i fix that? Shouldn't time lord do that for me?

edit:

Although checking another one of the other "recently added files"

<dateadded>1995-03-23 00:00:00</dateadded>

Edited by karldonteljames

karldonteljames

there seems to be some issues that don't have the metadata set correctly, so going to try and fix the entire library, I was just expecting the restore to restore to it's previous state. Never mind.

Shouldn't time lord do that for me?

I'm not familiar with the plugin so I really can't answer that, but i can help in terms of explaining how the core server populates the date added field.

there seems to be some issues that don't have the metadata set correctly, so going to try and fix the entire library, I was just expecting the restore to restore to it's previous state. Never mind.

Apologies for the confusion. The backup and restore plugin is really just a configuration restore, not a data restore.

karldonteljames

Thanks for the information Luke, It looks like the files that were always showing as new had missing or incorrect metadata, i've been through my library and sorted these out now, so I think going forward if i need to restore the scan should pickup added information at the correct point, (once time-lord has run anyway.)

on a side note to this, i have my cache path is \\MEDIA-CENTRE\MediaBrowserData$\cache

and my metadata path is \\MEDIA-CENTRE\MediaBrowserData$\metadata

should I bother backing this up or not?