Folders missing

scrimpy
Go to solution Solved by scrimpy,

scrimpy

Hi 

I have spent a day scanning this forum for similar issues but think my problem is different.

I recently moved over to Emby from Plex ( been a Plex guy for about 9-10 years ).  Liked the emby experience more so far except....

Setup the other day and all went well.  I have the following setup

Ubuntu Linux 18.04

Synology NAS (x2) for media storage

Mapped CIFS/SMB drives on Linux as follows

/mnt/Movies -> \\synology1\Movies

/mnt/TV-Shows -> \\synology2\TV-Shows

I created the following libraries / folders

Movies 

/mnt/Movies/AE

/mnt/Movies/FM

/mnt/Movies/NS

/mnt/Movies/TZ

TV-Show

/mnt/TV-Shows

Media is in subfolders from these folders.  Structure is movie-name (year)/movie-name (year).ext 

Everything loaded fine.

I had some issues with the mounting I did on linux - my mount was not showing changes to directories when added.  I added vers=1.0 to the mount command and it I was then able to see changes on the directory.

Then I added a couple of new movies/folder to AE and FM but they didn't appear in emby. I could see them at the filesystem level but not in emby.

Thats when the fun began.. I did a bunch of stuff like creating new libraries with just those folders , removing AE and FM and reading them, changing the track realtime changes setting... I even re-installed emby and rebuilt the libraries...

Now I still can't see AE and FM at all in the library and the folders view shows and empty folder for AE and FM.

I installed emby on my Mac and it worked fine - Just can't get it to work properly on linux.  

Most if not all directories and files have rwxrwxrwx permission. 

TZ and NS are similar in content and permission and have no issue being scanned.

Any thing else I should be looking at ... 

Oh .. log files seem like AE and FM are being watched but it never seems to get into scanning the subfolders. Works for FM and TZ.

The following is the output of "grep "/AE" embyserver.txt"

2020-03-25 07:49:54.113 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 07:49:59.472 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 07:51:06.888 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 07:51:11.256 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 07:52:41.257 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 07:52:44.330 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 09:56:22.823 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 09:56:35.433 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 09:58:31.989 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 11:38:41.882 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 11:38:49.979 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Folder, Name: AE, Path: /mnt/Movies/AE, Id: 3

2020-03-25 11:41:33.198 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /mnt/Movies/AE

2020-03-25 11:45:23.563 Info LibraryMonitor: AE (/mnt/Movies/AE) will be refreshed.

Edited by scrimpy

• Solution
scrimpy

Figured it out.  The filesystem on the linux box was mounted from my Synology NAS.  I had some issues with files not being updated earlier so I set the vers=1.0 option when mounting.  This seemed to fix the files showing up on my linux box when a modification was made on the Synology. 

Problem is that whilst the linux box can see the files and the emby GUI for adding a library can see the files...the scanner can not.  

I changed the mount option to vers=3.0 and presto .... scanner worked. 

So either I did something wrong or we need to update some documents to say emby on linux doesn't work when mounting cifs with vers=1.0 OR we fix the scanner to work with vers=1.0

• Like 1

EliteOtaku

Figured it out.  The filesystem on the linux box was mounted from my Synology NAS.  I had some issues with files not being updated earlier so I set the vers=1.0 option when mounting.  This seemed to fix the files showing up on my linux box when a modification was made on the Synology. 

Problem is that whilst the linux box can see the files and the emby GUI for adding a library can see the files...the scanner can not.  

I changed the mount option to vers=3.0 and presto .... scanner worked. 

So either I did something wrong or we need to update some documents to say emby on linux doesn't work when mounting cifs with vers=1.0 OR we fix the scanner to work with vers=1.0

Where did you change that option? Could you be pleased to post the screen or more information? We might encount the same question. Thank you.

scrimpy

Where did you change that option? Could you be pleased to post the screen or more information? We might encount the same question. Thank you.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.  Mount is done at the command line using the following command

sudo mount -t cifs -o uid=emby -o gid=users -o username=<USER-NAME>,password='<PASSWORD>',cache=none,vers=3.0  //<IP_ADDRESS>/Movies /mnt/Movies