Server has become very slow

dmurphy22

dmurphy22

Hey,

I woke up today to the server being much much slower than usual. Sometimes taking 10 seconds or so to load a page.

Looking at the logs I can see a lot of:

SqliteItemRepository: GetItemList query time (slow)

Any idea what might be causing this? The emby process is not using a whole lot of server resources. CPU usage is at about 10% total and IOWait is almost zero.

embyserver.txt

Edited by dmurphy22

Happy2Play

The log shows you downgraded from beta to stable at some point.  So it is going to be hard to say.  Do you have the same issue on 4.4.0.40?  Not sure if it available for you build yet though as I only do Windows.

Application version: 4.3.1.0
2020-03-22 18:09:38.911 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.4.0.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2020-03-22 18:09:38.920 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.4.0.27, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

dmurphy22

I actually did downgrade to see if the issue was in the latest version but it also was happening in 4.3

I am back at 4.4 now and the issue persists

dmurphy22

So I used a backup from about a week ago when everything was running fine and installed it on a backup server (totally different machine). The backup server was running fine for a little bit but is now showing the same issue. The backup server is running on 4.4

Any advice on how to fix this? Log from the backup server is attached

embyserver.txt

Please try removing these plugins, then restart the server and see if it performs better:

Anime 1.4.3.0
	CoverArt 4.1.9.0
	Playback Reporting 1.6.9.1
	Slack Notifications 1.0.0.2

Thanks.

dmurphy22

You read my mind Luke.

I removed all plugins other than the ones that come by default and it's running like a charm now.

GPlayer

log file?

I appear to be having the same issues after upgrading to 4.4.0.40. It will run fine for a few hours then start slowing down.