I changed routers now Emby won't connect

zBernie

zBernie

I replaced my Wifi router with a Linksys MR9000.   I also got a new Verizon router when I upgraded my service, so they are both new.  Emby was working with the old Verizon and Wifi router.   But since replacing both routers I can no longer connect to Emby using Alexa.  When I say "Alexa, open Emby home" I get a message indicating that the Emby server cannot be reached.  There are additional comments saying if your server address has changed, relink your account.  I've relinked my account and I still cannot reach it with Alexa.

Any other ideas of what I can do to get this working again?

-Thanks

Happy2Play

Don't know anything about Alexa, but if you have two routers you will be in a double nat.  So have you port forwarded you verizon router to your linksys router, and linksys router to your Emby server?

You may have to go over exactly what you have done/

zBernie

Don't know anything about Alexa, but if you have two routers you will be in a double nat.  So have you port forwarded you verizon router to your linksys router, and linksys router to your Emby server?

You may have to go over exactly what you have done/

Yes, I don't think Emby is the problem here, just a symptom.  Everything on my LAN is working normally.  But I'm unable to access any hosts my LAN from the Internet.  Even though the ports are forwarded.   I believe you are correct about the double NAT, the IP addresses of hosts on the Verizon router are 192.168.x.x, and the Linksys router are 10.99.x.x.  So I need to figure this out.

-Thanks

Happy2Play

Yes, I don't think Emby is the problem here, just a symptom.  Everything on my LAN is working normally.  But I'm unable to access any hosts my LAN from the Internet.  Even though the ports are forwarded.   I believe you are correct about the double NAT, the IP addresses of hosts on the Verizon router are 192.168.x.x, and the Linksys router are 10.99.x.x.  So I need to figure this out.

-Thanks

Port forward Verizon to Linksys 10.99.x.1 (normally the .1 address) address and then on Linksys to Emby system ip.

zBernie

Port forward Verizon to Linksys 10.99.x.1 (normally the .1 address) address and then on Linksys to Emby system ip.

Ah, so just a single port forwarding rule to the Linksys at 10.99.1.1?  Then all other port forwarding is handled on the Linksys?

-Thanks