Local artwork and nfo files not used for music library

prozessor

prozessor

Hello,

I have an emby server running on a RaspberryPi 4 in a docker container and would like to replace my Kodi library by emby.

For movies and tv shows most things work as expected but I struggle with the emby music library.

I have a well maintained music library on my disk, containing all artworks, artist and album information (as .nfo files) within following structure:

\Artist

artist.nfo

fanart.jpg

logo.png

\Artist_Album

Artist - 01 - Tracktitle.mp3

Artist - 02 - Tracktitle.mp3

Artist - 02 - Tracktitle.mp3

album.nfo

cdart.png

folder.jpg

After playing around with several settings, I cannot manage to get emby using my local files, although they should math the naming conventions.

No matter which settings I choose (enabling or disabling the downloaders, rearranging the order of the downloaders), none of the settings lead to the fact that emby uses my local files.

In any case, it is somehow intransparent how emby and it's downloaders handles metadata. Sometimes I have entries for all of my albums or artists with some artworks, sometimes artists are missing. But I never come to a state where I have all artists and albums with all artworks and metadata.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

PenkethBoy

No emby wont use your artwork/nfo for Artists - this changed a while back

It will use the artwork for the Album though

And everything is dependant on the tags within the music files for the rest

I have the same structure root library folder being Music

and under music are AlbumArtist folders

below those are the Album folders per Album Artist

prozessor

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't know that emby doesn't use local artwork for artists anymore but wouldn't it be a good idea to support this - probably as a customizable feature? I would make migration of entire databases form one system to emby a lot easier...

However, I have now activated the artwork downloaders and checked the option "Save artwork into media folders", but no image files are stored inside my library structure.

Is there a best practice order for the MusicArtist artwork fetchers to achieve the best scanning results and to avoid duplicates?

It's difficult to try and associate artists with folders but it's something we plan to try and restore in future updates. Thanks.

PenkethBoy

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't know that emby doesn't use local artwork for artists anymore but wouldn't it be a good idea to support this - probably as a customizable feature? I would make migration of entire databases form one system to emby a lot easier...

However, I have now activated the artwork downloaders and checked the option "Save artwork into media folders", but no image files are stored inside my library structure.

Is there a best practice order for the MusicArtist artwork fetchers to achieve the best scanning results and to avoid duplicates?

AlbumArtist artwork is not saved to you media folders - this stopped a while back - stupid idea but it is what it is at the moment

Album artwork is saved to the album folder though - unless you have a permissions issue