[Q] Start MB Classic in default folder "Movies"

xlxcrossing@yahoo.com

xlxcrossing@yahoo.com

I've noticed using a remote and MB Classic to be a bit cumbersome considering most common buttons don't work as intended for MC.  The only button I've found that really works for navigation is "Back".  I've got it to auto login but is there a way to instantly start within the movies folder for optimal browsing.

Deihmos

What do you mean it is cumbersome with a remote? When it launch select movies, I don't think it is possible to launch directly to movies.

Edited by Deihmos

Yeah, I don't understand your statements either.  All navigation works normally just as it does in other parts of WMC. 

Can you give some specific examples?

Cheesegeezer

I've noticed using a remote and MB Classic to be a bit cumbersome considering most common buttons don't work as intended for MC.  The only button I've found that really works for navigation is "Back".  I've got it to auto login but is there a way to instantly start within the movies folder for optimal browsing.

Nav should work as it does with WMC, does nav work with WMC as expected?

To arrange your folders go to the metadat manager and number your folders in the sort name field and save.

xlxcrossing@yahoo.com

Here's what some common key commands do within the application

Menu = Goes to movie library from MC UI (arrows must be used to select movie thumbnail at bottom left of screen to return to                    program within MBC)

Info = Brings up some dual selection MC context menu

Exit = Nothing

Once I got the hang of it everything was fine but I effectively got "stuck" a few times attempting to push the Menu button.  Also, the reason behind my request to navigate directly into the Movies folder was because most of the artwork was missing for my Music once I configured the folder setting via MBS.

Your exit button on your remote must not be sending the proper command.  It should be the Media Center "Back" command.

The other two buttons are reserved by WMC and we cannot re-map them.

• Like 1