Aztec, Breeze, ROC, Crystal Themes not fitting with updated

ab123ga

ab123ga

I am trying out these themes and like them quite well. However, the new player in classic requires the marginbottom, right, left, top to be set to zero or you get a blue frame around the video. Changing works for the standard frames however when you use these themes you lost the edges. in order for the edges to show I have had to set the margins to around 20 but then when the video plays, I'm back to the blue border. 

Any thoughts on how to make this work. 

mariors44

lee hasn't updated his themes in quite awhile. I would try chocolate and see if that works better for you and if it does, then you have to wait for Lee to update all of his themes.

buddyweiser

I am trying out these themes and like them quite well. However, the new player in classic requires the marginbottom, right, left, top to be set to zero or you get a blue frame around the video. Changing works for the standard frames however when you use these themes you lost the edges. in order for the edges to show I have had to set the margins to around 20 but then when the video plays, I'm back to the blue border.

Any thoughts on how to make this work.

The reg should be set to 0 for margins for the video player to show full-screen(on the pc extending to your xbox) , and I believe we solved that issue earlier this week for you. If one of Lee's themes need margins, try clicking the settings cog(in media browser on the xbox) and scroll to the advanced section. There you can adjust the margins, and I believe they will not affect the video playback.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

ab123ga

I checked 3 of the 4 themes and there are no options resize the area that I can see. I've reverted back to the choc and subduded...which work fine. 

Thanks for the review. 

buddyweiser

I checked 3 of the 4 themes and there are no options resize the area that I can see. I've reverted back to the choc and subduded...which work fine. 

Thanks for the review. 

To see the "Advanced" tab in MBC, I'm fairly certain you have to be logged into an administrator account. This may be why you didn't see the advanced tab.

ab123ga

Bud... I found what you were talking about and the same issue exists. I can change the overscan/underscan values and that results in the same issue has making the changes via margintop bottom, etc. If you change to fit the custom themes then when you play a movie you get the blue border again. If you fit to ensure the movie has no blue border, the themes are missing stuff on the edges. The method in MBC was harder to change though less destructive if you make an error than regedit. 

mariors44

ebr, I think this problem with lee's themes, Chocolate works fine on htpc and 360 extender for me after some adjustments.

ab123ga

Sorry for the delay... Yes it is only with the themes mentioned. Choc, Subduded, Diamond and default are all ok on the extender. Note Lee's themes work fine on the HTPC...the issue is specifically /w the extender. 

• 3 months later...
leedavies

Yes, my themes automatically adjust the margins to fit on extenders.  Now the classic player has been updated and it doesn't properly fill the screen on an extender, you need to do a manual adjustment of the margins to make it fit.  That makes my themes expand beyond the screen margins.

I've got an update coming with an option to turn off the "auto extender margins" feature in my themes so they work nicely with the latest MB update that requires you make a manual margin adjustment.

leedavies

Breeze, Crystal and ROC updates have just gone live with a new "Automatic Extender Layout/Margins" setting in the Display section of the config for each theme.

Turn this feature on to automatically adjust the extender screen margins (current behavior)

Turn this feature off if you've made manual adjustments to the margins and want to override the theme's auto margins fix