Decent 4K movies / series

arrbee99

arrbee99

Don't know if this is in the right place, or permissible in general, but am wondering about peoples thoughts on 4K stuff. Specifically on your ideas on moves which are really worth buying in 4K as they are enough of an upgrade on 1080 to be worth the price and the storage space.

My (extensive) collection consists of the Harry Potter set, the first Alien, Toy Story 4, Gladiator, Mortal Engines, Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, Skyscraper (it was cheap) and some fan made 4K Star Wars editions.

Maybe add Apocalypse Now ?

rechigo

Terminator series if you're into it (or just about any action series)

I've been slowly upgrading my library quality so I'll edit this with any more I find

Heh... Buying movies in 4k... Haven't heard of that one before

Edited by rechigo
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Been thinking about those, not that they're all out yet. Also maybe some Avengers type stuff.

Classics as well, like Bridge on the River Kwai and Lawrence of Arabia. But, as I mentioned, they need to be worth it as I've got BR version of these already.

Oh well, we'll see.

rechigo

Are you planning on storing these in h265 or h264?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

arrbee99

Erm...I just rip the disc as is using MakeMKV, so they seem to be HEVC in a MKV container thing.

• 1 year later...
CharleyVarrick

If you're like me, you have some favorites that you dont mind watching for the 10th time.

Your significant other may not agree with me.

Those would be on top of my "to upgrade list", above any new stuff, actually

• Like 1

arrbee99

Have acquired a few more, like the LOTR and Hobbit sets, Tenet, Top Gun, War of the Worlds, Interstellar, Back to the Future set, 1917...

Also Spartacus, which looks good but I gave up on as I just couldn't stand the 1960 'music', for want of a better term.

• Like 1