.11 not longer goes back to the guide when backspace is pressed

ryanfinger

ryanfinger

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this...

Just upgraded to .11 of Emby Theater. On .10 I used to be able to press backspace when watching a channel on live TV to be taken back to the guide. That does not appear to be working.

ryanfinger

When watching any video. Restarting Emby theater seems to fix it but it ultimately returns.

Edited by ryanfinger

ryanfinger

Luke - answered already in #7. This issue is occurring when I am watching video along with general navigation in Emby Theater.

Edited by ryanfinger

Well not exactly. Were the video on screen controls showing? The backspace key is working just fine for me in my testing. Have you tried the Esc key for comparison purposes?

ryanfinger

It is happening when I see OSD, video or in general navigation of Emby theater.

As for using escape. Escape isn't listed to have a function on the Emby keyboard and remote support page thus I don't have escape mapped to any buttons on my remote.

ryanfinger

Ok. That seems to have similar functionality as backspace. I will verify over the next few days that the problem does not return.

Thx.

Escape is really preferred over backspace because there are certain conditions in which backspace is not used to go back. Like for example, if you have focus in a text field, backspace has to perform the regular backspace function.

ryanfinger

Good to know. Can we update the shortcut and remote KB and make that adjustment? I followed that doc when configuring my system.

ryanfinger

So, my problem has returned. Every other function on my remote works ( up, down, left, right, select) except for escape to back out. Restarting Emby Theater fixes it for awhile but the problem eventually returns and requires a restart of the client. No issues with .10 release.

ryanfinger

Just leave the app running for 3-4 hours on the guide screen and try and use back/escape to get back to the main screen (liveTV, movies, TV shows)