Authentication - Old user login incorrect / new user no issues.

zoqask

zoqask

I will try to keep this brief.

It appears that

My original admin account can login.

My original standard usernames cannot. Correct usernames and passwords.

Any newly created account can login without issue.

I have disabled remote access and have been testing this just on a local network server and is only affecting older existing login accounts.

I wondered if anyone has any ideas. I really do not wish to delete the old accounts as the user will lose the watched and history. That is unless someone knows how to create a new account and move data from one user to another?

I have been using this system for years with very few issues at all. This however is something I cannot overcome without some form of advice.

Regards

Z

Happy2Play

That is unless someone knows how to create a new account and move data from one user to another?

If you are a Premiere member you can use the Server Configuration Backup plugin and map any users data to any other user.

My original standard usernames cannot. Correct usernames and passwords.

What happens when you try?  Have you tried resetting the password?

zoqask

My that was a quick response. Yes I have tried the reset. New password but no joy. Invalid username or password.

I really didn't know that plugin existed and yes I'm a lifetime member. I will try this first and see if it cures my issues. It would be nice to work out what is causing this.

Will report back soon.

Happy2Play

My that was a quick response. Yes I have tried the reset. New password but no joy. Invalid username or password.

I really didn't know that plugin existed and yes I'm a lifetime member. I will try this first and see if it cures my issues. It would be nice to work out what is causing this.

Will report back soon.

You would create a new user, run the backup, then do a restore mapping userdata on new user. 

5e6ab4cf25772_map.jpg

zoqask

Ok I installed the plugin and it appears to backup the users into a folder. 

If you are a Premiere member you can use the Server Configuration Backup plugin and map any users data to any other user.

Are you referring to taking the user data from within one of the backed up user folders and overwriting the data on another user? Sorry but the plugin just appears to have a path and a backup layout.

5e6ab51245657_backup.png

5e6ab4fc781bd_backup2.png

Happy2Play

Ok I installed the plugin and it appears to backup the users into a folder. 

Are you referring to taking the user data from within one of the backed up user folders and overwriting the data on another user? Sorry but the plugin just appears to have a path and a backup layout.

5e6ab51245657_backup.png

5e6ab4fc781bd_backup2.png

No click on the backup within the plugin, as you see under Current Backups.

zoqask

Well that is a very handy tool.

• Created a new user and password.
  • Imported data from old user to new user and checked login (all good).
  • Deleted original user.
  • Renamed new user to old username.

I still have an issue now with logging in from the app this is new problem but is beyond the scope of this original thread. I may create another.

Thanks for the assistance Happy2Play