Live TV with Chrome on Android

rikiwi

rikiwi

Yes I'm struggling with this too. Some channels load reasonably fast but others will not load at all.

blade005

Yes I'm struggling with this too. Some channels load reasonably fast but others will not load at all.

Feel better. I am at 100% fail on all channels!!   :)

But, like I said, the Boat Browser on Android runs everything and all channels load reasonably quick.

blade005

Is anyone else experiencing issues streaming Live TV with Chrome on Android?

Starting up a Live TV stream gets me a blank window with no video or audio.  Using the stop button on the player does not release the Tuner and I have to go into the Dashboard and reset it.  Experiencing this issue on both an Android phone (Moto X) and tablet (1st Gen Nexus 7).

Installed Boat browser and can stream Live TV without any issues.  This wasn't always the case with Chrome. Seemed to start up a few weeks ago after a MBS update and then a ServerWMC update.  I haven't gone through the process of testing various setups and gathering log files. Thought I could wait for future updates and see what happens. But, it has been a few Server updates now and one ServerWMC update (Version: 1.0.0.34, build: 1150).

FYI... Chrome on Windows 7 is not an issue. I know there are different versions for OS type. But, thought I would include that.

rikiwi

Mmm... Just been testing Boat. It's no better. Keep getting cannot play video error but only on the same channels that give problems on Chrome. I'll do more testing later.

rikiwi

Couldn't help myself. Just tested using Dolphin browser. All channels load and play fairly quickly. I've been struggling with is for months using Chrome and never thought to try a different browser until I read your post. Thanks.

blade005

Couldn't help myself. Just tested using Dolphin browser. All channels load and play fairly quickly. I've been struggling with is for months using Chrome and never thought to try a different browser until I read your post. Thanks.

Glad it triggered another option for you to try.

I just tried Dolphin again and it still fails for me 100% of the time, just like Chrome.  Glad we both found a Browser that works for Live TV. Unfortunately, in a months time we could both be scrambling and playing Browser roulette again for something that works. Who knows?   :)

rikiwi

I can now confirm that since the update to Dev version 3.0.5292.2674 Live TV is running on Chrome on my Nexus 7 (2112) very well with all channels. Big thanks to Luke and any others for such great work.

• 3 weeks later...
wallaceff

I am also having trouble here. It used to work, of that I'm sure. It works for me on my rooted generic 7" tablet using chrome. And on my desktop. But I can not get any video to play on chrome using my Galaxy S2 and Resurrection Remix ROM 5.1.5 I know its not officially supported ROM, but have no idea why it stopped. Any suggestions?