ProviderIds update via API

Che8o

Hello,

I am currently trying to fix some imdb ids via the API and looked at swagger for examples. Currently I'm using the following:

curl 'https://emby.site/emby/Items/915098?api_key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'-H 'accept: */*'  -H 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-binary $'{ "ProviderIds": { "additionalProp1": "Imdb=tt7342838",\n  },\n}' --compressed

Doing this I run into the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any idea how I correctly use the ItemUpdater here?
Thanks!

Hi there, you'd have to mimic what the metadata editor does, which means pulling down the whole item record, changing the fields you want to change, and then posting the whole object back.

Hi there, you'd have to mimic what the metadata editor does, which means pulling down the whole item record, changing the fields you want to change, and then posting the whole object back.

ok i'll do that. thanks! in the meantime i experimented a little bit with the post request and figured this one works:

--data-binary '{"Id":"915098","Genres":[],"Tags":[],"ProviderIds":{"Imdb":"tt1399041"}}'

if i remove more fields ill run into this error.

Don't do that, the api is not built for incremental changes so you'll end up blanking out the rest of the data in the object.