FR: Grouping

aeleus

aeleus

I'd like to be able to group my content by some attribute and have that be persistent. In particular, I'd like to group by unwatched versus watched, but I'm sure there are other attributes where grouping would be nice.

This is different than filtering because I don't want to hide anything.

For example, rather than sorting by the number of unwatched episodes, I'd rather just group by unwatched versus watched.

It's great to have all your unwatched shows and movies at the top of the list. But when that list is long, it's difficult to find what you want because it's in order of the number of unwatched episodes instead of alphabetically.

I know I can filter by unwatched, but that requires several clicks of the remote and hides everything else. I'm trying to make this easy for the wife and kids

I use MBC, but this would apply to any client.

Thanks!

kpate77

+1  for grouping

I'm using sort by unwatched now, but as you stated when shows pile up, it not as easy to find particular ones when they are not alpabetical.  

And most of the other clients other than MBC do not even have sort by unwatched, which is one of the main reasons I'm still using MBC over an Android STB that I recently purchased.  

Thanks!

aeleus

Never mind. Found it. For MBC at least:

%AppData%\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations\[user]-MediaBrowserXml.config

<SortUnwatchedByName>True</SortUnwatchedByName>