HW Acceleration for Synology DS218+

Jakebyrne123

Jakebyrne123

Hi guys,

I just got Emby setup on my DS218+ but with two direct plays and one 1080p to 1080p transcode I was getting stuttering images. I'm not sure why because all the devices support it well. Shield and LG WebOS. I just wanted to know what in the decoders and encoders should I enable/disable to get the best performance. Thanks. I have attached images below of my current HW settings.

post-566860-0-27196100-1583798617_thumb.jpg

post-566860-0-91523200-1583798625_thumb.jpg

HI there, I would just select Yes to let the server decide rather than using the Advanced controls. In fact in your case you only have one option available per codec anyway so there's really nothing accomplished by using the advanced controls. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Jakebyrne123

It does thanks. But the only issue is with 2 direct plays and one transcode it's stuttering. If I Same thing on Plex it works perfectly. I can even do 2 transcodes.

I would try again with the upcoming 4.4 release as there will be a lot of improvements to this. Thanks.

Jakebyrne123

I would try again with the upcoming 4.4 release as there will be a lot of improvements to this. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the current Beta? As I am on this beta atm. Or will the 4.4 full release be different when it comes to Transcoding? @@softworkz

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the current Beta? As I am on this beta atm. Or will the 4.4 full release be different when it comes to Transcoding? @@softworkz

Thanks.

No, the 4.4 release will be based on this beta.