Migrate or Move Library

Kmark40
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

Kmark40

Apologies in advance for this question.  I've used the search function on the forums, but have been unable to find an answer.

I have recently had need to move my media library from the multiple HDDs that it was spread over to two new HDDs.  It was from these locations that my UNC shares (for MB3 server) were situated.  

I now intend to again create UNC shares with the same media library (with exactly the same media with artwork/metadata within their media folders) on these new HDDs.  My sever will remain in the same location and so will the all of the associated metadata.

My question is, will Mediabrowser server still be able to associate the metadata saved within the server folders with the corresponding media in the UNC shares?

Just to clarify, I'm moving all of my media to two new HDDs and want to do so as seamlessly as possible.

Thanks

Kirk

swhitmore

I don't see why not. Are the UNC addresses still the same for all folders?

• Like 1

Kmark40

Thanks for the reply.

I did intend to rename the folders and consolidate them into few folders. For example

This

53accef2c4c14_myshares.jpg

would all be consolidated into

\\Ht-pc\movies 1

\\Ht-pc\movies 2

although the actual physical locations will be on two new HHDs

Edited by Kmark40

• Solution
Redshirt

Movies and TV Shows are stored in the DB's using their various ID's (TMDB, TVDB, etc) rather than by physical location. As a result you can move stuff around and your resume states and all that good stuff will be preserved.

• Like 1

Kmark40

All done. Nil issues that I've encountered so far.  After migrating  and backing up 6 TB of data, everything has re-situated itself in terms of watched, favourites, resume, customizations etc.

Thanks for the help :-D 

• Like 1