Movie Chapter(Scene) DB

buddyweiser

Cheesegeezer

Has anyone ever looked into this?

http://chapterdb.org/

Yes and I had a plugin working but there were massive changes to the Server and also his site went down for a while so I pulled the plug on the plugin and never had time to finish/update it. I believe Luke has now finished the core changes to the server. 

@@Tim Hobbs is running with this now, and he has most part of the plugin working, i'll let him explain where he is at with it.

Cheers

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 3

buddyweiser

It would be awesome to see that plug in back then, though I never knew it existed lol. I was just wondering if there would be a way to add the correct chapters to all the movies I've ripped, without re-ripping them to have chapters encoded in file. Then I stumbled across this dB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tim Hobbs

Luke and I have been testing the plugin and it works, but the data is not very reliable, so Luke is hesitant to push the plugin out there and then have it not perform as expected. He is worried that we'll get lots of bug reports when in reality the plugin works fine, it is just poor chapter data.

I have reached out to Jarrett (the creator of Chapter Grabber and ChapterDb.org) and asked if I could work on the site a bit to help out. He has basically left the site to run itself but there are some thing missing - like reliable admin tooling to blacklist entries and the ability to enter new chapter info without using Chapter Grabber. I have proposed some changes to him and I am currently waiting on him to get back to me with the database schema so I could work on some of the changes and just submit them to him to make it easier. He is either busy, or just slow to get back to me, or even both. Regardless, I have to wait on him to take the next steps.

If you are willing to build from source you can grab the plugins repo from github and build the plugin yourself, but it is use at your own risk. When it works it is really cool, but without some changes to the CDB data to make it more reliable it won't be anything released soon. For example, Luke got Spanish results for a file. There is language built in, but apparently everyone just presses a button on Chapter Grabber without actually setting things up properly. Another example is Alice In Wonderland - it is difficult to get the animated versus recent live action, and the recent live version chapters for the top rated result are actually the chapters from the animated 1951 version.

I have made some proposals - for example, a way to set the CDBID explicitly in the metadata like we can for other sites, but it is not a priority right now. But, maybe if you make enough noise it will be? :)

• Like 2

buddyweiser

Prioritize this to the top!! :-D I would very much like to see chapters.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tim Hobbs

I had a look at the code that Jarrett provided me and I am able to get going on working to enhance the CDB site and api, so hopefully things will get rolling soon.

• Like 4

Tim Hobbs

Just to keep you guys up to date - I started making some changes to the cdb code and I submitted it to Jarrett. He is busy right now (house remodeling) so he told me he wouldn't necessarily be able to get around to looking at the code but that he'd try. I am hoping that I can convince him to let me partner with him on the site and eventually let me take on api and site updates independently. I can appreciate that the cdb site is his "baby", and I don't expect him to just hand it over, but if I can let him know I really only want to help make it better I think I can convince him to at least give me admin privileges on the site, and hopefully eventually give me full control to the hosting so I can make cdb even better.

• Like 5

well maybe if you invite him here he'll see that we all just want the same thing.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
epayson85

I know this is an old thread.... Any chance we can bring it back to life? :) would be an awesome feature for Emby

Unfortunately there's nothing to bring back to life. There's no reliable data source here.