Multiple xmltv providers one m3u?

pir8radio

pir8radio

Dumb question,  how is multiple xmltv providers handled with multiple m3u files?     Like, does the epg get data from the first xmltv provider then if anything is missing it tries the second?  how does that work?

pir8radio

Yes that is how it works.

soooo how do i set which xmltv service gets used "first"?

pir8radio

for example i have an m3u tuner,  most of my epg is on the first provider in this list, but there are a handfull of channels that can only come from xmltv provider #2   yet #2 has overlapping info that #1 has...   I dont want to overwrite #1 results with #2 xmltv values...       The way you explained #1 gets used first, if anything is empty in the epg it fills it in with #2.  but I dont see that...

5e651bc489e6d_Screenshotfrom202003081118

Edited by pir8radio

Correct that is what happens. I would check the mapping tool on the second guide data set.

pir8radio

Correct that is what happens. I would check the mapping tool on the second guide data set.

awe man,   I have never used the "mapping tool" never made any sense to me as to how it works...    not looking forward to this lol

yea the channel mapping sucks on emby lol..  i dont see a way to clear all of the associations something came up with.. that are all wrong...  other than check one at a time... is there any other options other than a big list you manually check every item?  I also dont see how to set a channel with no selection...   you HAVE to check SOMETHING.  and i dont see a null place to check.  wow.... its quite horrible guys if others depend on this for iptv i can see why there are so many angry peeps lol...   Ive been doing it in iptv-epg.com's interface because i couldn't figure out emby's..   Emby's is acceptable for hdhomerun and stuff, but just scary for IPTV.   

Sorry no offense meant on that last comment.....  

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

pir8radio

@pir8radio  Have a look at xteve (xteve.de)

i did...  unfortunately dint help.  its really limited on what you can do as well..    and without having it "transcode" i loose even more abilities..   I dont want to potentially transcode twice.  

BillOatman

i did...  unfortunately dint help.  its really limited on what you can do as well..    and without having it "transcode" i loose even more abilities..   I dont want to potentially transcode twice.  

You can import as many xmltv files as you need, and map entries to channels.  As well as renumber channels.  xteve does not transcode anything.  It can buffer if you like, but that is optional. Without buffering it sends the providers link right to the client.  I think you might be thinking of another application, maybe Telly.

pir8radio

You can import as many xmltv files as you need, and map entries to channels.  As well as renumber channels.  xteve does not transcode anything.  It can buffer if you like, but that is optional. Without buffering it sends the providers link right to the client.  I think you might be thinking of another application, maybe Telly.

it uses ffmpeg to "buffer" Thats twice the disk IO for each stream..      It couldnt do quite a few things I was trying...    like i have two M3U's that are the same, i need one to have the full channels and renumber them 1-500 then i need m3u 2 to start at 1000-1500  it couldnt do that without manually renumbering one of the two groups...   I need to do that for a few groups.       it let you specify the starting point then it would only increase from there.   I would have to re-install it again to tell you my exact issues...  but im 100% it was xteve it was very limiting on what i could do.    

I think what I treid to do is:  all of my "main channels" are sorted by TV ID  alphabetically (dont think it did that),  those channels are 1-500 and they come from m3u #1   the EPG comes from EPG#1     I then have a second copy of M3u #1 and strip off everything but the PPV, those channels are 1000-1500 and their EPG is coming from xteve (dummy) values that it just copies from the channel name that changes nightly.  (something with the nightly changes screwed me in xteve too i dont recall).     I may try to use it just for my PPV's again....  but it would be really nice if i didnt have to have 49847923 programs to clean up my iptv......... 

BillOatman

it uses ffmpeg to "buffer" Thats twice the disk IO for each stream..      It couldnt do quite a few things I was trying...    like i have two M3U's that are the same, i need one to have the full channels and renumber them 1-500 then i need m3u 2 to start at 1000-1500  it couldnt do that without manually renumbering one of the two groups...   I need to do that for a few groups.       it let you specify the starting point then it would only increase from there.   I would have to re-install it again to tell you my exact issues...  but im 100% it was xteve it was very limiting on what i could do.    

I think what I treid to do is:  all of my "main channels" are sorted by TV ID  alphabetically (dont think it did that),  those channels are 1-500 and they come from m3u #1   the EPG comes from EPG#1     I then have a second copy of M3u #1 and strip off everything but the PPV, those channels are 1000-1500 and their EPG is coming from xteve (dummy) values that it just copies from the channel name that changes nightly.  (something with the nightly changes screwed me in xteve too i dont recall).     I may try to use it just for my PPV's again....  but it would be really nice if i didnt have to have 49847923 programs to clean up my iptv......... 

Yeah it would be nice if it had groups for sure for your multiple m3u scenario.

It won't use ffmpeg if you turn buffering off. But having it on has benefits like if 2 users watch the same channel, xteve only uses one stream from your provider. It can also use ffmpeg, vlc, or its own buffering mechanism for buffering.  

I think the "nightly screwing" might have been if the provider changes the name of the channel ... like putting team names in the channel name for sporting events, xteve sees it as a brand new channel.  But I think every system would have that same problem.  

I got around some of those limitations by having multiple instances of xteve on the same server.  This is possible, you just assign a different port to each one. Then I set up each one how I liked.  You could probably do that and have each of your identical m3u's in its own xteve maybe. You could set each instance to start at a different number as well.

Edited by BillOatman

Spaceboy

But emby allows stream sharing too. There’s no need to use the buffering for that purpose

Also I find the fact you can fix channels despite the change in channel name extremely useful. It allows me to have channels with live sport events on update in emby and showing the event name

Xteve has been a lifesaver for well over a year now. While I understand emby is working on some of these features I expect it to be another year before it matches xteve

BillOatman

But emby allows stream sharing too. There’s no need to use the buffering for that purpose

Also I find the fact you can fix channels despite the change in channel name extremely useful. It allows me to have channels with live sport events on update in emby and showing the event name

Xteve has been a lifesaver for well over a year now. While I understand emby is working on some of these features I expect it to be another year before it matches xteve

I didn't think Emby had stream sharing yet, or at least that it functions properly.

BillOatman

Yes we do. Works just fine.

Oh Ok thanks.  I checked several months ago and I was seeing Emby make multiple requests to xteve in that case.  I'll have another look.

Spaceboy

Oh Ok thanks. I checked several months ago and I was seeing Emby make multiple requests to xteve in that case. I'll have another look.

works well for me
  • Like 1