Gamebrowser 3

yunggunn80

yunggunn80

Just wondering as of right now does Gamebrowser 3 using Media Browser Classic support:

1. Launching PC Games

2. Launching Mame Games

3. The ability to browse to a specific game file or executable when adding a game to the collection.

4. Launching Multi-Disc games.

I ask because MBT currently supports none of these, andI would like to start setting up my HTPC and I guess it will have to use Media Center. Thanks.

Redshirt

I don't know what you mean by #3, but MBC with the gb-classic plugin does allows 1,2 & 4.

yunggunn80

Thanks Red. What I mean by #3 is for instance when adding games to the PS2 library, can I manually browse to a batch file and set that as the games path?

Redshirt

No you can't have a bat as a file to launch. I've considered something like allowing a prelaunch.bat and postlaunch.bat which would allow users to create a chain of commands that would be executed alongside a game launch. I haven't moved forward with it because I don't have a clue what's going on with MBT and I'd like both clients to have a uniform solution.

yunggunn80

I hope it is something you decide to add, almost every PS2 game through PCSX2 requires their own specific commands to run properly. Some need software mode, some need hardware mode etc.

Additionally, batch files aside, can you manually choose a games file location? For instance Yabause, the Saturn emulator uses Bin files which are recognized automatically when setting up Gamebrowser, but for some games I would like the select the .cue file instead because it is necessary for proper audio. So im wondering if we can manually browse and select the file ourselves?