Dune client ?

Teddy

Sammy

Since iso is used by such a small and dwindling percentage of people it is not worth the effort as there's so much more needing attention.

BTW, are these physical discs or are they iso files on a HDD?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Teddy

Since iso is used by such a small and dwindling percentage of people it is not worth the effort as there's so much more needing attention.

BTW, are these physical discs or are they iso files on a HDD?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I understand that for movies the mkv files are enough, in fact all my films are in mkv format, but I have a lot of ISO of musical concerts and it is the best way to be able to choose scenes and bonus content. My ISOs are files that I play from Google Drive Shared.

Edited by Teddy

One2Go

As already commented on that developing playback of ISO, VIDEO_TS or BDMV disk formats would be a waste of time of developers which I agree with. The way I get around this in my EMC client that when clicking on the play button all VIDEO_TS or BDMV folders will launch PDVD to play it as if it were the physical disc. I do agree with you that scene selections as well as TV episode selections are much easier to navigate and play from the disc. Big Bang Theory has like what 24+ episodes on two discs. start play of any disc and it will resume the next time with the next unplayed episode. All other content of mine is in MKVs.

Teddy

As already commented on that developing playback of ISO, VIDEO_TS or BDMV disk formats would be a waste of time of developers which I agree with. The way I get around this in my EMC client that when clicking on the play button all VIDEO_TS or BDMV folders will launch PDVD to play it as if it were the physical disc. I do agree with you that scene selections as well as TV episode selections are much easier to navigate and play from the disc. Big Bang Theory has like what 24+ episodes on two discs. start play of any disc and it will resume the next time with the next unplayed episode. All other content of mine is in MKVs.

So I have it also in my PC Mediacenter since years with Windows 7 and now with Windows 10, Powerdvd plays the DVDs and BDs fantastically with WMC, what I was looking for was something similar for other Emby platforms but I am finding it very hard to find something.

One2Go

So I have it also in my PC Mediacenter since years with Windows 7 and now with Windows 10, Powerdvd plays the DVDs and BDs fantastically with WMC, what I was looking for was something similar for other Emby platforms but I am finding it very hard to find something.

I am solid in the Win 7 corner since WMC was never released for Win 10 and requires changes that may be undone with the next Win 10 update. Emby's Devs are having only a very limited time and will spend it on features and fixes that will help the majority of their users, playing discs or their folder structure is not one of them since the trend is to move away from optical / physical media to streaming and only a few of us are in the world of massive TBs of content on servers in their original form.

The only way I could see to get over your problem is finding a well supported hardware platform like the Shield, then get a package that will play discs like Kodi with Emby managing the data base. That is the only way I can think of that might work, but then I have not researched this in detail. The biggest problem you will run into is support for Blu-ray menus and that would be a good starting point for research and then see if that is supported on the hardware you choose and most likely it will be an Android platform. For me I am looking into the Shield and possibly its next model, but then I also have come to the conclusion that I might have to split my playback solutions. Home Theater with PC that will do discs and a Shield that will anything else. Already running Emby on a QNAP server which will do all my MKVs and Emby on a NUC that will do everything. The longer you stick around and wait the clearer your decision will become. Maybe there will be COVID-19 deal that will help you with any buying decisions.

Teddy

I am solid in the Win 7 corner since WMC was never released for Win 10 and requires changes that may be undone with the next Win 10 update. Emby's Devs are having only a very limited time and will spend it on features and fixes that will help the majority of their users, playing discs or their folder structure is not one of them since the trend is to move away from optical / physical media to streaming and only a few of us are in the world of massive TBs of content on servers in their original form.

The only way I could see to get over your problem is finding a well supported hardware platform like the Shield, then get a package that will play discs like Kodi with Emby managing the data base. That is the only way I can think of that might work, but then I have not researched this in detail. The biggest problem you will run into is support for Blu-ray menus and that would be a good starting point for research and then see if that is supported on the hardware you choose and most likely it will be an Android platform. For me I am looking into the Shield and possibly its next model, but then I also have come to the conclusion that I might have to split my playback solutions. Home Theater with PC that will do discs and a Shield that will anything else. Already running Emby on a QNAP server which will do all my MKVs and Emby on a NUC that will do everything. The longer you stick around and wait the clearer your decision will become. Maybe there will be COVID-19 deal that will help you with any buying decisions.

With the special Kodi version that Zidoo brings and that uses the native player, (a pity that the Emby app does not know how to use that player) the ISO images reproduce them perfectly, the problem is that accustomed to Emby, Kodi does not like how it presents the movies nor the covers.
So I use Emby app for everything except when it's an ISO image, then I exit Emby and switch to Kodi.