Question about my folder permissions

Radhi

Hi, i kept getting failed backup error. i've try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

where can i check why it fail?

thanks

post-579573-0-60144200-1583483188_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

Hi, i kept getting failed backup error. i've try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

where can i check why it fail?

thanks

Click on the failed event (the i) or look in the server log.  I would post a server log or the (i) info pop up message.

Click on the failed event (the i) or look in the server log.  I would post a server log or the (i) info pop up message.

here is the info pop up message

Access to the path '/emby-backup/Emby Backup - 2020-03-07 01.45.0 - Auto' is denied.

at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(String fullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.CreateDirectory(String path)

at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.ExecuteBackup(BackupProfile settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress, Boolean isAuto)

at MBBackup.Entities.ScheduledBackupTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Happy2Play

here is the info pop up message

Access to the path '/emby-backup/Emby Backup - 2020-03-07 01.45.0 - Auto' is denied.

at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(String fullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.CreateDirectory(String path)

at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.ExecuteBackup(BackupProfile settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress, Boolean isAuto)

at MBBackup.Entities.ScheduledBackupTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

That would mean Emby does not have write permissions to that location.  ie your set backup folder "/emby-backup"

Edited by Happy2Play

That would mean Emby does not have write permissions to that location.  ie your set backup folder "/emby-backup"

what permission is required?

i do have write permission enabled. post-579573-0-80486000-1583533441_thumb.jpg