EMC features missing from Thearter

dansblackcat

dansblackcat

Hi everyone,

So I'm trying to force myself to use Theater more and EMC less in an effort to completely do away with Media Centre.

I'm really happy with the Theatre experience but a few features I frequently used on EMC are missing (I think).

I use the Microsoft Media Centre remote and this is whats missing-

1.  When playing a movie I could (for example) press 2, 5 and then play on the remote and it would jump to the 25 minute mark.

2.  When in the main Movie or TV folders you could search for titles my using the corresponding letters on the remote.

3.  When watching a Movie or TV show pressing play on the remote would display The Cover, time played, time remaining and a few other things.  I think this might just be broken at the moment?

Also  When watching a Movie or TV show and I press the back button on the remote, I have to hit the back button again and then go back into it before I can see "resume playing".

Running windows 7 32bit and latest stable theater.

Hi, that's strange because #2 and #3 are definitely both in there. As a test can you try with a keyboard and compare?

dansblackcat

#2 keyboard works. Bit more detail; Let's say I want L, that's the 5 button on the remote and represents JKL. If I press the button 3 times to get L I just get 555.

#3. No matter what I press, play, pause skip, even on the keyboard I never see any details pop up. Note: the keys and buttons work as expected, they play, pause etc

#2 keyboard works. Bit more detail; Let's say I want L, that's the 5 button on the remote and represents JKL. If I press the button 3 times to get L I just get 555.

I'm afraid I haven't seen any sort of "triple-tap" implementation since WMC. 

Guest asrequested

I'd wager that the key mapping between WMC and PC is different. Your remote should be mapped to a PC.

Edited by Doofus

pgriffith

I have my parents and sister still using EMC, I would really like to get them to move to Theater, but in its current state that's just asking for trouble, has way too many issues. Inconsistent UI behaviour, no OSD, IR back button inconsistencies.

I use Theater 100% myself, SO looking forward to this 'new build' that is being worked on.I think the devs are great, and Emby is awesome, but Theater is a hot mess. Just last night, went to watch some stuff, but the play button was missing till I closed and restarted the program.

• Like 1