New User Issues With Android App

spv4u

OK so I used to use MB within MCE and noticed the new version.

I removed Remote Potato and installed the server and configured everything so in the MB web browser I can see all my Movies, Music, TV Series and Live TV.

When I open the Android app I am missing the Live TV option, is this not available yet? Running this on my Android TV box (4.1) and my Nexus 5 (4.4.4 updated last night)

Also when I select music I can not see any of my items and it states I must add media libraries but they show fine in the webclient. Also as work provide a Windows Phone I tried that app and live TV and music display fine so I know the server setup is correct.

Can anyone give any suggestions on why this is not fully working on Android.

Thanks

Edited by spv4u

OK thanks, any ideas on why my music is not showing?

At first it showed one album but when I updated the metadata in MB it then displayed none

Redshirt

When you click the music button on the top, it requests all artists from the server. Have you changed the metadata, or organized your music folder structure in some way that there are no longer artists?

I have not edited any metadata just used the inbuilt scraper. All music has the correct TAG info as they display fine in MCE and iTunes.

Interestingly today I was playing and if I click on Music at the top I get the error but if I go to Library and click on Music it displays all of my Albums fine.

randomizer

I have not edited any metadata just used the inbuilt scraper. All music has the correct TAG info as they display fine in MCE and iTunes.

Interestingly today I was playing and if I click on Music at the top I get the error but if I go to Library and click on Music it displays all of my Albums fine.

It seems that it specifically requires album artists for that page and not just artists. I have only two albums (I don't use MB3 for music), one with and one without the album artist metadata (but both with artist). Only one shows here, and prior to me adding the second album I received the same message as you.

Edited by randomizer

Thanks

Perhaps the dev can change this because to change all my albums would be a nightmare, perhaps a setting in options.

Gina66

I'm now just having issues with the Android app. I got the app during a discount day from the Amazon store and it worked right after I downloaded it. Fast forward to today and now when I open it, it just spins and says connecting. It's also not showing up on my dashboard anymore. I'd like to get the Google Play version, but I've already paid for it, I don't want to pay for it again, especially if it's something simple.

Anyone able to get the Amazon version to work now? Did I get a beta version and now it doesn't work anymore?

EDIT - after playing around with it, I realized that there was an update.  After the update, works perfectly on my Note 2. But to go with that, I do have a question. So, I use my same computer for work, but work is on another partition. Am I able to log into the Dashboard/server from there and stream movies to my phone? I attempted this once and couldn't figure out how to sign in to my account without having to make a new one. Obviously, I need the server running in order to stream to the phone, so how do I do that on another device, like a TV for instance?

Edited by Gina66

Redshirt

Have you tried rebooting the phone/tablet. What happens if you press the change server button? Does it show the available connection?