Chapter button for TV episodes only appears for first unplayed episode

AdrianW

AdrianW

Not sure at what release this happened - but, I have chapters for all my TV shows, and when entering a TV season MBC selects the first unplayed episode and shows "Play", "Cast" and "Chapter" buttons - but when browsing to other episodes, none of them will show a chapter button (chapters do exist, as they appear in the Web UI). 

(MBC build 187 and Chocolate)

I'll check some other themes when I'm back home this evening.

AdrianW

This seems a bit inconsistent - I've found some shows that all episodes show chapters, and then others where only some episodes don't show them. (They all do show up in the Web UI though).

One of the server updates at some point switched off chapter image extraction for TV episodes, which I didn't notice at first. The a week or two later I turned it back on, and ran the chapter extraction task which filled in all the missing images. 

I'm wondering if the ones that aren't showing up now are the ones that weren't initially extracted while TV extraction was switched off.

Maybe it's due to caching somewhere.

None of that information is cached in MBC.

Screen shots of what you see in MBC vs. the web client would be the most help.

buddyweiser

I can confirm this behavior, and I have consistently reproduced it the following way. @@ebr, it only happens on my end from use of the next/prev buttons. All of my episodes have chapters, and all can be viewed from the web client. Using MBC 187 and Chocolate, if you navigate directly into a show, then season, then into episode 5, the scenes are visible. However, if you navigate into episode 4 (the scenes are then visible for 4), and use the next button to go to episode 5, the scenes are no longer visible. After using the next/prev button, none of my chapters are visible.

• 2 weeks later...
AdrianW

Any news on this issue - it's still occurring with MBC 190.

Please check this out in dev build 191.

Actors should load faster now too...

• Like 1

AdrianW

Yes, I haven't seen this issue occur in 191 - looks to be fixed  :)

And I think actors did load a little quicker as well.

Great work, ebr.