Mark all episodes as favourite?

Kurosh
Go to solution Solved by Spaceboy,

Kurosh

Hello,

In the Emby web UI, if I go to the top level an entire TV show and mark / tick that as a favourite, it doesn't show that each and every episode within that TV show is a favourite.

On the face of it there appears to be an "episode level" and a "TV Show level" on whether something is a marked as a favourite or not. Not sure if this is intentional or is an Emby bug?

Apologies if intentional, seems confusing as I'd expect that if I marked the entire TV show as a favourite that it would mark all series and episodes as a favourite.

Edited by Kurosh

Spaceboy

Hello,

In the Emby web UI, if I go to the top level an entire TV show and mark / tick that as a favourite, it doesn't show that each and every episode within that TV show is a favourite.

On the face of it there appears to be an "episode level" and a "TV Show level" on whether something is a marked as a favourite or not. Not sure if this is intentional or is an Emby bug?

Apologies if intentional, seems confusing as I'd expect that if I marked the entire TV show as a favourite that it would mark all series and episodes as a favourite.

id imagine this is intentional. The logic makes sense to me Edited by Spaceboy

Kurosh

If your imagination is correct, any idea how to mark all series & episodes as a favourite? Apart from the obvious and cumbersome method of manually adding each and every one (e.g. when it airs and avoiding the potential of missing an episode) to the favourites list?

Edited by Kurosh

Spaceboy

If your imagination is correct, any idea how to mark all series & episodes as a favourite? Apart from the obvious and cumbersome method of manually adding each and every one (e.g. when it airs) to the favourites list?

for what purpose? What are you trying to achieve?

Kurosh

As this feature is still lacking...

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/8410-fr-server-auto-delete-watched-after-n-days/

I am using a 3rd party python script to delete watched media...

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/77658-emby-media-clean-delete-watched-video/

apart from stuff I want to keep (the script will ignore episodes marked as favourites).  This is the crux of my problem, I mark an entire TV show and it doesn't mark all the episodes underneath, therefore the script will delete those episdoes instead of ignoring (as I would have hoped marking the whole show as a favourite would mark all the episodes). Thankfully there is a simulation mode where you can see what it will and won't delete.

Edited by Kurosh

• Solution
Spaceboy

As this feature is still lacking...

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/8410-fr-server-auto-delete-watched-after-n-days/

I am using a 3rd party python script to delete watched media...

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/77658-emby-media-clean-delete-watched-video/

apart from stuff I want to keep (the script will ignore episodes marked as favourites).  This is the crux of my problem, I mark an entire TV show and it doesn't mark all the episodes underneath, therefore the script will delete those episdoes instead of ignoring (as I would have hoped marking the whole show as a favourite would mark all the episodes). Thankfully there is a simulation mode where you can see what it will and won't delete.

ok i see. i think you need to work with the designer of the 3rd party script to enhance it to not delete anything from shows marked as favourite.

the problem with what you are askling is thats not really the main function of favourites. this is intended to easily locate media for playback. for example i have the big bang theiry marked as a favourite at series level. i don't want all 200+ episodes showing up in my favourite list. but within TBBT i might have one episode that i really like and want to specifically mark as favourite

• Like 1