MBT or MBC Does Not See Network Server

thousandbuckle

thousandbuckle

Hello all I am hoping you can help me out. For the last few months MBT and MBC launched and detected the MB server every time. Now for some reason it does not see the server at all. Have the problem with both MBT and MBC. I have to manually specify the port and ip address of the server and then it connects.

This may be a MB issue or a Windows issue and hoping some one can help me figure out which one it is. Running MBC V 3.0.187.06-20.1 and MBT V3.0.5287.42414. This is only happening on one of my PC's and not sure what to do.

Thanks for any guidance you can show.

thousandbuckle

Yes, if I specify the address it sees the server. The problem is it used to find it automatically on its own and I did not have to specify the IP address. I have left the server IP dynamic so I rely on the MB apps to find the server if the server IP were to change.

thousandbuckle

I believe so, I even turned the windows firewall off, stopped Avast Antivirus, and stopped Malwarebytes programs but still did not work.

How do I check the UDP firewall is allowing traffic?

we haven't really changed the way we do this. it could very well be due to network conditions on your end. the auto-detection works most of the time but does not work all of the time. It's not guaranteed that we'll be able to find the server, so take solace in that this is fairly normal.

thousandbuckle

It is just really strange that 6 out of 7 clients running MB connect automatically across the network. It is just this one machine that is having issues.

I thought someone might know how to fix it. Keep the suggestions coming if you want, I will keep trying.

thousandbuckle

Bump,

I really need some ones help here. For some reason neither application of MB will see the server by default, I have manually specify the ip address of the server. PC and Server are on the same network, ip scheme, and subnet.

Koleckai Silvestri

Instead of an IP Address, try using the name of the machine. e.g. \\MB-SERVER

Then if the IP address changes, it should still be able to find it over your network. You can see the Machine Name in the network dialogs or by pressing Winkey+Break.

Edited by Wayne Luke

thousandbuckle

Luke I would say that is a great idea, I hadnt thought of that but it does not work for some reason.

When I use the server path \\fileserver in my case I get an error message "Error connecting to get users. Please check server address"

thousandbuckle

Wow I feel dumb for not thinking of that! It works like yall said.

I would consider this a closed issue for me now. Even though the automatic find doesnt work for some reason on this PC I can accept using the server name instead. Many thanks to yall for continuing to give me support and finding an acceptable resolution.

Cheers!!!!

thousandbuckle

Putting the address in the Server Browser and Remote Client Browser I am presented with the MB User Account login page so that seems to be working.

On the same Remote Client that would resolve the URL I get the attached error that it can not find any server while in the MBC Configurator. (See attached image). This is what is maddening me right now.

53b4532b3620a_Error.jpg

Koleckai Silvestri

Where it says Address in that dialog box above, put the IP address of the server. Does it see it then?

I don't know a lot about Classic. Only one of my computers has Windows Media Center on it and it isn't used very often. What does Media Browser Theater say?

Edited by Wayne Luke