No media in library’s

genfuzuki

genfuzuki

Hi, I have just installed emby on my xpenology nas (as per recommended install) but media is not detected. The default shares are on \volume1\movies, \volume1\tv etc and permissions set correctly for my user and embysrv, when selecting the folder in the library setup it shows all the sub folders so I know it can definitely read the share(s). However after spending a while scanning the libraries no media is listed.

What am I missing ?

Hi there, what paths did you add into Emby server library setup? How many libraries did you create, and using what content types?

genfuzuki

Created three libraries, located at:

/volume1/movies

/volume1/kidsmovies

/volume1/tv

So they first two are movie content and the last tv show content.

genfuzuki

I also created a mixed content folder for recorded (HDHomeRun) content and recorded an episode. It does not show anything but the ironic thing is it shows poster art on the folder for the show I recorded.

Are you sure the embysvr user on the system has permissions to these folders?

genfuzuki

Ok so finally figured it out... I have a load of iptv channels so I added a tag to the ones I only wanted listed under Parental control. This obviously meant that my media did not have this tag so my content was filtered out.

Is there any chance of adding a filter/option in future to hide non-mapped tv channels so they do not appear in the guide listing etc ?

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback !

Is there any chance of adding a filter/option in future to hide non-mapped tv channels so they do not appear in the guide listing etc ?

We will be expanding our channel management features in the near future to allow you to better control all of this.