TV Show - Date added

muzicman0

muzicman0

When you are looking at a TV show library, and you are at the top level (so you are seeing cover art for the TV show, not individual episodes), what is actually used to determine the date added (for sorting purposes)?  I've looked at a lot of file and/or folder dates created, or dates modified in the Windows file structure, and nothing seems to line up.

muzicman0

From the home screen (see below), I select a library.  In this case it is called Recorded TV (but I don't actually record on this server).  It is just TV Shows that I have recorded on a different Emby Server (so the file structure in this folder is exactly the same as if I recorded on this server). 

5e5d5be27dd90_Home.jpg

Once I select that library, I see a list of TV shows that are in that library.  This is the view I am referring to.  How does 'Sort by Date Added' work?

5e5d5bf5ea5cd_RecordedTVLibrary.jpg

Edited by muzicman0

muzicman0

Where is it getting that date?  I'm hoping to programmatically change it.  I assumed it was the date modified on the series folder, but that isn't it.  Is it a date within the database?

The whole reason I am wanting to change it is so that I can order the shows in date of last episode added, but within the Kodi interface using EmbyCon.  But nothing I do seems to make it work.

It's getting that date based on how you've configured the date added behavior in advanced server settings.

muzicman0

I have it set to use file creation date.  But in this particular view, which file is it looking at?  It doesn't appear to be the tvshow.nfo.  Also doesn't appear to be the containing folder, so I am not sure.

For the series, it would be the series folder, but also make sure to read the help text underneath the option.

muzicman0

OK, last stupid question...if I delete the meta data, will it re-populate after some time?

Edited by muzicman0

muzicman0

nevermind...just tried, and it repopulated immediately, so it looks like I am out of luck.

You can use the metadata editor to manually edit the date added value for specific series if you want.

muzicman0

Unfortunately, that isn't dynamic enough.  It would have to be manually changed every time an episode was recorded.  No worries, I will just keep sorting by series name, it's just not what the family is used to.

muzicman0

In the Emby apps, it works great with last episode added, but that isn't an option in Kodi. EmbyCon most be pulling info on dates from the server though, because the sort behavior in Kodi is different if I'm using EmbyCon versus just adding the folder directly in Kodi. Hope that makes sense.

I would submit a feature request to EmbyCon to support the date last episode added sort order.

I would just open a topic in the Kodi section of our community and title it appropriately. He will see it.

muzicman0

Will do... I'm trying one more thing right now. I'm trying Emby for Kodi for that 1 library to see if that behaves differently. I only need this functionality on 1 library.

muzicman0

So far, so good with Emby for Kodi.  It's interesting though, if I enter the library through the add-on (Wmby for Kodi), it doesn't list them in the right order, but if I enter through the Kodi Database, it does.  I just need to check sync back and forth, but it appears that it will work fine this way.