Is there a way to choose Audio Tracks in the iPad app ?

Vicpa
Go to solution Solved by darwindeeds,

Vicpa

Hi,

I have a mp4 file with two different audio tracks (Standard and director's commentary) The app defaults to the commentary track ( the web and win*8.1 default to standard track and I can choose the other if desired). I can't figure out how to do that in the iPad app.

If I can't (yet), no problem I will put in a feature request.

Thanks, I am really liking the iPad app !!!

• Solution
darwindeeds

Right now, you can't. I myself ran into an issue recently where I was playing a movie and the audio was in french, but when I play it in web client, the audio was english. Made me realize that we need an audio stream picker. No worries, will be added in the next feature update. This should work similar to subtitle picker.

Please create a feature request, so that it can be tracked.

Edited by darwindeeds
  • Like 2

Vicpa

Thanks!!

Will do

-edit Added one to the forum section, there was already one on the feedback site. I gave it some votes !

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

To be fair I thought I requested this in the beta testing. Did those unresolved requests not come across to the current tracking system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
TomTiddler

First have to say FANTASTIC JOB GUYS!

OK, same or similar problem with audio tracks on BluRay rips. I rip my BluRays with AnyDVD to a file structure rather than ISO (to be clear, I own the Blu Ray discs legally ), and when I play with my iPad, it almost always chooses the "wrong" audio track. This doesn't happen when played from the same structure using my WDTV Live streaming box, nor with TMT6. Ripped DVD's work just fine.

Just so you know.

Ian