ET Issues on continues Playback and more...

darkcanni

darkcanni

Hi there :)

At first i want to say that i was a long time Plex user (Server and Plex Media Player on a htpc). I was pretty happy until some random sound drop outs every now and then started to appear a few months ago. So i've looked for an alternative and decided to test out emby.

EDIT: The sound dropouts are also on ET. Tried hardware acceleration on and off. Still happens.

Emby looks promising, but i have a lot of issues...

My main problem i have is when i want to watch multiple episodes. After one episode ended it trys to load the next one but is stuck at a loading loop. The loop is on top in every screen and ET can't play anything else until i quit ET and start it again. When i wait in the loading screen after some minutes it's stated multiple watch states on trakt of the same episode (It's stated the same timestamp). My HDDs were hybernating and when the next episode wants to start ET wakes them up. Maybe there could be a problem with it (i wouldn't have a problem if my used hdd is kept alive and the others would go to sleep and only wake up when needed)?

My second issue is my remote control. Sometimes it's working flawless, sometimes only the arrow buttons and enter buttons are functional. Very strange behaviour. When i go to the options menu and select a submenu i can press "back" and get back to the options menu. But when i press "back" then, nothing happens. Normally it should take me be back to my media. 

I'm using flirc and a xbox one remote. Working pretty good on every other app. I've read the cec driver could be a problem. But i've no idea how to remove only the driver.

Another issue: When i wake my htpc up from standby it could happen that ET is not resizing in fullscreen mode. I've read that i should start my avr first (Never was a problem with plex).

The Autostart if set to true seems to be broken. Not really a problem, i can find a workaround for that.

I've added some series later and the recognition is doing a relative good job. Sometimes the posters are not downloaded even if the tvdb id is correct. It's only possible to set the poster manual.

What i'm also missing is a status icon/loading screen if you manually refreshes some series. I've no idea what emby is doing in the background. Just seeing an overall percentage status icon on the media library.

I'm using ET 3.0.10 and for the Server 4.3.1.0 and the Trakt Plugin is 3.4.4.0

My System Rig:

Intel i9 9900T

16 Corsair Vengeance 2666MHZ

ASUS Maximus XI Hero

EVGA RTX 2070

I can provide a log via PM.

Edited by darkcanni