Server Notifications from Radeon's Tools

manny

manny

I'm getting the following server notifications for all of Radeon's tools I've installed. They build up quite quick and are starting to annoy.

"Movie Theme Songs: The contribution network is not enabled for this plugin.................etc etc"

Can anyone point me in the direction to disable them?

I have checked "Advanced -> Notifications" but nothing jumps out :-(

Tks

manny

Anyone? Radeon?

I'm getting the following server notifications for all of Radeon's tools I've installed. They build up quite quick and are starting to annoy.

"Movie Theme Songs: The contribution network is not enabled for this plugin.................etc etc"

Can anyone point me in the direction to disable them?

I have checked "Advanced -> Notifications" but nothing jumps out :-(

Tks

mariors44

you can try the free version from media browser classic in the plug in section it works well for me. But I do create my own theme song

hope this helped.

steve1977

I have a similar issue, which may be related? I am getting the error message:

"Unhandled exception: The remote name could not be resolved: http://ballingtons.com

No reply to my question? With Ytrailer plugin installed, I am occasionally getting above error message and MBS is crashing. This appears to be related to the OP. Thanks for a response what's going on.

manny

Hi Radeon,

Thanks for the reply. But what about those that do not join the contribution network?

Cheers

Join The contribution network, you'll get over 2k of extra themes by doing so.

radeon

Hi Radeon,

What about those that do not join the contribution network?

Honestly, then they should join. I cant see any reason why you wouldn't want to? Why dont you want to?

If i split it so you didnt upload but could download all of the other themes others had uploaded then would you?

manny

Hi Radeon,

What about those that do not join the contribution network?

Hi Radeon,

Thanks for the reply. But what about those that do not join the contribution network?

Cheers

manny

Radeon, thanks for the reply.

I have the TV Theme Videos Plugin, Movie Theme Videos Plugin and the Movie Theme Songs Plugin installed. Each generating unnecessary messages on a regular basis. Without wanting to sound curt, the amount of messages generated are akin to spam. 

I'm merely looking for a way to supress these unwanted messages.

Questioning why someone doesn't want to use a certain functionality is neither here nor there.

Is there a way these messages can be supressed at the moment? If not can it be built into future releases?

Thanks

Honestly, then they should join. I cant see any reason why you wouldn't want to? Why dont you want to?

If i split it so you didnt upload but could download all of the other themes others had uploaded then would you?

radeon

Radeon, thanks for the reply.

I have the TV Theme Videos Plugin, Movie Theme Videos Plugin and the Movie Theme Songs Plugin installed. Each generating unnecessary messages on a regular basis. Without wanting to sound curt, the amount of messages generated are akin to spam.

I'm merely looking for a way to supress these unwanted messages.

Questioning why someone doesn't want to use a certain functionality is neither here nor there.

Is there a way these messages can be supressed at the moment? If not can it be built into future releases?

Thanks

Ok, if we're going for the abrupt approach then in answer to your questions, No and no

Edit:

Here's the explanation. These plugins, from the word go, have a been massively contributed to by several members of the community in ways never made public, that has all been scrapped with all submisions made directly through the contribution network. The Contribution network ties all new themes to it and is now the only way for new themes to be added the plugins. My asking for your reasons for not wanting it are completely valid as it effects future changes to the plugin in a way which i see as key to the mass users of the plugin. The only way anyone gets access to any of the latest themes is via the contribution network.

The contribution network deliberately ties all users to upload and download to ensure a level playing field for all users. You just not wanting to answer doesnt help me and implies you just want to leach from all of the other users. All the payment supports is the extreme bandwidth and hosting requirements and my development time on the infrastructure to deliver the themes to people, it doesnt mean you get access to all themes with no questions asked. - Actually it does, you just have to tick the box to join the Contributors network.

I have had one other person who doesnt want to contribute and with that, i think its fair you get a notification that you have the contribution network off, which is given each time the plugin is run - its not just randomly "spammed".

Edited by radeon

No reply to my question? With Ytrailer plugin installed, I am occasionally getting above error message and MBS is crashing. This appears to be related to the OP. Thanks for a response what's going on.

Can you post the server log from the crash? thanks.

manny

Hi Radeon,

I'm pleased you've edited your original post.

Personal attacks are unwarranted and help nobody. Furthermore your assumption was baseless.

Speaking as a long time paid supporter of Mediabrowser as well as a paid theme and plugin supporter your comments were disappointing to say the least. I was merely a user, using one of your plugins, using one of it’s built in functionalities and asking for the unwanted messages to be suppressed.

Not only have you done a disservice to yourself as a MB developer, I sincerely hope you’ve not tarnished the good name of Mediabrower (and its friendly community) to someone perusing these forums looking to post questions themselves or maybe even download and use this fantastic software.

Edited by manny

radeon

@@manny, There was no personal attack in my original post, I simply said, "id give an explanation, but i guess thats neither here nor there to you" so dont accuse me of doing something I didnt. Then i thought, actually, i will give an explanation as I'm not going to lower myself.

How are my comments disappointing in any way, you still haven't explained any legitimate reason as to why you wouldn't want the functionality switched on and therefore, given no justification for me to change things in future releases.

Unless you can tell me why you dont want to use the contributor network then I cant look at the change seriously.

Edited by radeon

radeon

I cant honestly remember what the exact wording was of my initial post but it was definitely along those lines. I changed it as i felt it was responding to you directly in a way which was not necessary.

With that, I apologise, and have also thought more about your change request and its not that big a deal, ill make it when i return home from business for you. Expect it in then next release of the plugin.

All the best.

• Like 4

manny

Hi Radeon,

Thanks for the post and also thanks for looking into the change.

Regards,

Manny

I cant honestly remember what the exact wording was of my initial post but it was definitely along those lines. I changed it as i felt it was responding to you directly in a way which was not necessary.

With that, I apologise, and have also thought more about your change request and its not that big a deal, ill make it when i return home from business for you. Expect it in then next release of the plugin.

All the best.

• 2 weeks later...
steve1977

Can you post the server log from the crash? thanks.

Below the note I am getting. The pop-up from ballingtons is quite annoying. Below the specific note from the log.

2014-07-20 09:07:23.6629 Error - Main: UnhandledException
The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.ballingtons.com'
System.Net.WebException
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
  at MediaBrowser.Plugins.YTrailers.Licence.Validate.CheckActivation()
  at MediaBrowser.Plugins.YTrailers.EntryPoints.LocalYTrailersEntryPoint.<NewItemTimerCallback>d__4.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__1(Object state)
  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
  at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
  at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

steve1977

I have a similar issue, which may be related? I am getting the error message:

"Unhandled exception: The remote name could not be resolved: http://ballingtons.com

This error message comes as a pop-up. The pop-up can be closed when clicking ok. After closing the pop-up, MBS is also closed, which I assume it does given this error crashes it. You had asked for a log, which I provided in separate post. It is not easy to reproduce, but extremely annoying. I like the ballingtons work, but getting a bit worried what it actually does and why it is "sending home"?

Radeon will have to answer that, and the bug is something he'll have to fix. It looks like you're still using his old YTrailers plugin. I'm not sure if he's actually updating that or not anymore. Until he responds I would suggest removing it.

radeon

Hey @@steve1977,

That looks to me like you're running an old version of the plugin.

As its not allowed in the official MB Catalog you'll have to manually update it by replacing the dll from the latest one on the website.

I do send out an email when my unofficial plugins are updated to let you know to update, perhaps it hit your spam folder?

All the best,