DVR File Naming for Back to Back Episodes

dranderson402

dranderson402

Last night my dvr recorded Seal Team. There were 2 back to back episodes on, ep11 and ep12. Emby only shows it as ep11. Is there a way for emby to catch the 2 episodes and name it accordingly?

Seal Team ep11 was on at 8 followed by ep12 at 9. Emby recorded it one 2 hour show and named it SEAL Team S03E11 Siege Protocol Part 1; Siege Protocol Part 2.ts

Would there be a way to either make 2 separate recordings or name it so it shows as both episodes like SEAL Team S03E11-E12 Siege Protocol Part 1; Siege Protocol Part 2.ts.

Emby displays the show as 11. Siege Protocol: Part 1; Siege Protocol: Part 2

This isn't a big deal, just the OCD part of me coming out.

It should have recorded it as two episodes so there must have been issue with the guide. You will probable need to post emby server  log which will explain why it was recorded as a single episode. 

dranderson402

This happens for any show that has two back-to-back episode that airs. It also happened last Saturday for Almost Family as well.

Here is the log from when Seal Team recorded. The LiveTV recording fired at 20:00:00.

embyserver-63718358400.zip

Edited by dranderson402

denz

Very interesting never had this happened this needs @@Luke input. Just to confirm there were definitely two separate boxes in the tv guide for Seal team even the name is unusual are you able to play that recording ? I assume yes but worth to check.

Info LiveTV: Will record to /media/tvshow-recordings/SEAL Team (2017)/Season 3/SEAL Team S03E11 Siege Protocol Part 1; Siege Protocol Part 2.ts for 120.992719301667 minutes.

On another matter you have authorisation errors on some of your paths so check those.

Edited by denz

dranderson402

Just to confirm there were definitely two separate boxes in the tv guide for Seal team even the name is unusual are you able to play that recording ? I assume yes but worth to check.

I'm not sure if the guide showed it as 2 separate shows or one 2 hour show.

I just looked and I see 2 different shows coming up that will have back to back episodes.

911 Lone Star is in the guide as a single 2 hour show but is actually two 1 hour episodes.

It's listed as (S1:E9 - Awakening; Austin, We Have a Problem) but is actually (S1E9 - Awakening) and (S1E10 - We Have a Problem).

I suspect this will record as one long 2-hour episode.

Later that week Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector will have 2 episodes on back to back and are listed as 2 separate episodes in the guide.

At 7pm is S1:E9 - Open Warfare

At 8pm is S1:E10 - Mano a Mano

I assume these should record as 2 separate recordings.

I will wait for these to air and see if there is a difference. I don't recall if Seal Team was separate or not.

dranderson402

On another matter you have authorisation errors on some of your paths so check those.

And thank you for this. I got it fixed.

SHSPVR

I'm not sure if the guide showed it as 2 separate shows or one 2 hour show.

I just looked and I see 2 different shows coming up that will have back to back episodes.

911 Lone Star is in the guide as a single 2 hour show but is actually two 1 hour episodes.

It's listed as (S1:E9 - Awakening; Austin, We Have a Problem) but is actually (S1E9 - Awakening) and (S1E10 - We Have a Problem).

I suspect this will record as one long 2-hour episode.

Later that week Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector will have 2 episodes on back to back and are listed as 2 separate episodes in the guide.

At 7pm is S1:E9 - Open Warfare

At 8pm is S1:E10 - Mano a Mano

I assume these should record as 2 separate recordings.

I will wait for these to air and see if there is a difference. I don't recall if Seal Team was separate or not.

9-1-1 Lone Star is 2 hour for some reason I see the same across other TV guide which is not Emby

I check that other show it rerun on friday 13 and is listed as 2 separate show

Edited by SHSPVR

emveepee

Schedules Direct often do that with back to back new episodes, the even have different unique ID's for the combined shows then the individual shows.

I'm not sure about Emby but Kodi allows you to rename these combined so that it shows up as two episodes.

Martin