Emby Crash when accessing artist albums

jwilson9
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jwilson9

Hello,

Emby has a consistent record of crashing when I access artists directly from browsing to them via 'Artist' or 'Album Artist'. In particular, it seems to be artists that begin with the letter 'R'. I'm not sure what would cause this. The Emby logs say nothing in regards to errors/issues, but I noticed that the command prompt outputs this error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ThrowIfExceptional()
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckThrow(Boolean authSuccessCheck, Boolean shutdownCheck)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckOldKeyDecryptedData(Memory`1 buffer)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.HandleQueuedCallback(Object& queuedStateRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshakeRead(Int32 newState)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshake(Exception e, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.RehandshakeCompleteCallback(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteUserWithError(Exception e)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Any thoughts?

jwilson9

Ah that link you provided had the fix I needed! I followed your sqlite3 command you provided and it appears to have worked well, thank you! In regards to your suspicion of switching from beta to stable, you are correct that has happened in the past when I was testing out the bleeding edge a while back. I'll keep that in mind as a cause to potential future issues.