Playback Info box in lower right of screen

zeilercd
Go to solution Solved by daedalus,

zeilercd

Hello - i ran into something strange yesterday. I have Emby on my Firestick - and LOVE IT
But yesterday - i was playing a show i'd already watched and it popped up this box partially transparent black box showing Playback Info and gave player, display mode, play method etc etc.
I stopped the show - came back - still there

went back to home screen on the first stick, loaded emby - started show - still there
tried playing from beginning - still there...
The first time i watched it - it was not there... (I fell asleep half way through- so was "rewatching" it hehe)
i tried every menu button and setting i could find - and could not make it go away
finally rebooted the firestick itself - and loaded into emby and voila, the "display box" was gone...
But.. .if this happens in the future, is there  some way to get rid of it WITHOUT restarting firestick?
thanks in advance!

screenshot of what i'm referring to is here - spent probably 30 min checking all menus and options and exit, reload, restart, start from beginning, try another show and come back (stayed there for next show too)... very annoying LOL

https://gyazo.com/0f8d3a9efd23927731da599c5d6b3904

• Solution
daedalus

popping up by it self should be a bug

there must be a menu option somewhere to "show statistics for nerds", that brings up that info box

the webclient has it "behind" the cogwheel next to audio/subtitle selection buttons

• Like 1

zeilercd

seems it did not upload the photo? I'll try again...
and checking for the "nerds" info in settings now...

tried again - found picture - browse ok - send it to server - click ok - and says url is missing? sigh :(

Edited by zeilercd

zeilercd

popping up by it self should be a bug

there must be a menu option somewhere to "show statistics for nerds", that brings up that info box

the webclient has it "behind" the cogwheel next to audio/subtitle selection buttons

YES!!! cogwheel while playing it - bottom of list "stats for nerds"  <3 THANK YOU!

Hi.  I don't think there is a bug here. My guess as to what happened is you accidentally triggered the shortcut to show that information.

That is done by long-pressing the select/ok button on the remote.  Could be a case of you leaning against or sitting on the remote...

• Like 2