Movies in different locations

M3th0s

Hi guys

Newbie coming from plex here and adapting to emby, as after a bit of testing it does seem to be the superior offer.

Quick question. I have movie folders in the following format

Movies

-/Movies

-/Movies-4k

I want to create a section called "movies" under emby and add those 2 folders. However when I do so I get a duplicate of the movie whereas with plex you'd get just one movie with different versions.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Apologies if that's the case.

Thanks in advance

mastrmind11

Hi guys

Newbie coming from plex here and adapting to emby, as after a bit of testing it does seem to be the superior offer.
Quick question. I have movie folders in the following format
Movies
-/Movies
-/Movies-4k

I want to create a section called "movies" under emby and add those 2 folders. However when I do so I get a duplicate of the movie whereas with plex you'd get just one movie with different versions.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Apologies if that's the case.

Thanks in advance

welcome.  check this out https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

Thanks!

I've read this prior to it.

My problem is that I can't move movies from folders unless I'm resorting to mergerfs. Some movies reside on my own personal gdrive, some reside under a team drive. Therefore when I add movies from another location they show up as duplicates instead of showing under the same movie with different versions (files).

Does that make sense?

Edited by M3th0s

mastrmind11

Thanks!

I've read this prior to it.

My problem is that I can't move movies from folders unless I'm resorting to mergerfs. Some movies reside on my own personal gdrive, some reside under a team drive. Therefore when I add movies from another location they show up as duplicates instead of showing under the same movie with different versions (files).

Does that make sense?

yeah makes sense.  I'm fairly certain this is supported though.  If you go to the metadata editor for one of the movies you have on 2 drives, is the metadata the same?

yeah makes sense.  I'm fairly certain this is supported though.  If you go to the metadata editor for one of the movies you have on 2 drives, is the metadata the same?

It's not supported, therefore the appearance of the addon below:

already looking at that thread. 

As I've never worked with emby plugins what is the approach? Is there a plugin folder?

Thanks!

mastrmind11

It's not supported, therefore the appearance of the addon below:

already looking at that thread. 

As I've never worked with emby plugins what is the approach? Is there a plugin folder?

Thanks!

yeah go to plugins from your admin dashboard and look for it.

yeah go to plugins from your admin dashboard and look for it.

Where do I need to extract it to?

Thanks again!

Edit: nvm, guessing it's under the "Plugins" folder:)

Edited by M3th0s