New Updates for Emby Home Theater?

JulesC
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

How do Premier Users of Emby know when updates are coming and what fixes are included for "Emby Theater for Windows"?

I've seen that my ET client was recently updated to 3.0.10. I had no idea that it was updated and what fixes or new features were included. FYI - running the latest version of the Emby Server.

I've noticed the following "potential" bugs with 3.0.10 - ET Desktop Version

1. There is a limit set with the number of movie "collections" that you can add.
    Thanks to the help of this forum, I learned that the Windows Store App version of ET doesn't have this limitation. However, I greatly prefer the playback options with the Desktop version.

2. The audio for movies was very low and I had to turn up the TV volume pretty high to get to a reasonable volume. 
    I've never had this issue prior to this update. Again, with the help of this forum, I was able to repeatedly hit the F10 key to turn up the volume within ET.

I love the Emby app and the support of this forum. I just thought it would be a good idea for us to know what's coming or being added with new updates.

Thanks again.

The app is getting constantly updated. Your #1 above is already resolved, however, since you already have an open ticket for that, let's keep the discussion there to avoid having the same conversation in multiple places. Thanks.

daedalus

How do Premier Users of Emby know when updates are coming and what fixes are included for "Emby Theater for Windows"?

they don't, never had and also can't stop it from updating

MBSki

@@JulesC If you ask Luke what was updated he'll get back to you quick and let you know. I've asked him every time there's an Xbox One update and every time he's provided the specific changes within hours of my post. I wish the Microsoft store had more information like the Google play store so I could stop bugging Luke, but unfortunately it doesn't.

The app is getting constantly updated. Your #1 above is already resolved, however, since you already have an open ticket for that, let's keep the discussion there to avoid having the same conversation in multiple places. Thanks.

@@Luke I wasn't trying to open a repeat issue regarding the limitations with "Collections". I was simply interested in understanding what bug fixes/new features are introduced with the ET updates. I was just giving the current issues as examples that were introduced with a recent update.

As for # 1 (limitation with Collections on 3.0.10 - ET Desktop version), are you saying there's been an update pushed out to resolve this or are you referring to the fact that I switched to the Windows Store App to fix this? Hoping a fix was deployed.

Thanks again to you and your team for all that you do...Love Emby!

Edited by JulesC

Today's issue - if a TV episode has an empty synopsis a scroll bar appears on the right.

5e57e09cd29bb_Corel_PaintShop_Pro_eVHaRy

That's strange. I'm not seeing that. Try restarting the app.

AdrianW

That's strange. I'm not seeing that. Try restarting the app.

Tried on two different PC's (at 1080p and 1440p) and both did the same. Just re-tried and got the same result. It does it for every episode where the synopsis is blank.

I noticed earlier that any episode with a synopsis wouldn't display any buttons at all - so there was no way to play it. A restart of ET fixed that issue though.

• Like 1

daedalus

Tried on two different PC's (at 1080p and 1440p) and both did the same. Just re-tried and got the same result. It does it for every episode where the synopsis is blank.

I noticed earlier that any episode with a synopsis wouldn't display any buttons at all - so there was no way to play it. A restart of ET fixed that issue though.

+1 to both

its the same scrollbar you are still forcing on us on, i think, all screens in the webclient using virtual scrolling

Edited by daedalus

+1 to both

its the same scrollbar you are still forcing on us on, i think, all screens in the webclient using virtual scrolling

No, the detail screen doesn't use that feature. It's unrelated. It's just an errant scrollbar that shouldn't be there.

but the "non virtual scrolling" screens don't show your customized scrollbar

TV mode is not intended to show any scrollbars at all, so that's why they're not there. A virtual scrolling list just means that it looks like a list, works just like a list (ideally), but that it's not actually a traditional scrolling list because those just cannot handle a large number of items at once. So that's not related to the way the scrollbar looks when it does happen to be there.

AdrianW

The scroll bar only appears when a button is selected - if I move up to the series title or down to the "more from season" list - the scrollbar disappears.

While I'm here I'd like to say thanks for altering the default action on the episode list page to go to the details page instead of playing the episode. :) I did notice that I could press play to directly play if preferred.

• Like 1

Yes an update went out.

@@Luke I tried my ET Desktop version again and the limitation with Collections still doesn't appear to be resolved. I've even uninstalled ET Desktop and removed all settings/configurations, downloaded to ET Desktop software from the Emby site, and installed it, however, there are still limitations with my Collections - same issue I originally mentioned.  Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you

Happy2Play

@@Luke

@@JulesC

The Add to Collections issue appears to be Display Mode related.  Auto/TV are limited, and Desktop/Mobile-Tablet show all.

@@Luke

@@JulesC

The Add to Collections issue appears to be Display Mode related. Auto/TV are limited, and Desktop/Mobile-Tablet show all.

@@Happy2Play

@@Luke

For me, The Windows Store app and iOS don’t have limitations, but I only see this issue with ET Desktop software. Not sure if we’re saying the same thing, but wanted to share my experience. Let me know if I can do anything to help, test, etc. Thanks

I just tested again and I see 51 items.

@@Luke I'm not totally sure what "51 items" references.

When I try to add one of my movies (i.e. Superman...) to an existing "Collection" using Emby Theater for Windows 3.0.10 (which I downloaded yesterday for testing purposes for the update), only 54 Collections are displayed...up to the letter "J" in my example - see screen shot below. So, I'm unable to add my Superman movies to the Superman Collection.

However, if I go through this same exercise using the Emby iOS app or the ET Windows Store App it works flawlessly.

So if the update that was sent out (Post #7 above) was supposed to address this limitation with Collections for ET for Windows Desktop version, it's not working on my end. Yes, I can use these options, however, from a total experience, I prefer the ET Desktop version because of the superior display options.

More than happy to provide you with any additional information to help troubleshoot or test this issue.

Thanks

post-181856-0-00771300-1582991104_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
AdrianW

Scroll bars still appearing when there's no description for an episode or a series.

daedalus

they now also appear if you select "read more"

post-143-0-74224800-1583758025_thumb.png

and settings page always uses blue radiance "theme" regardless which one is set

Edited by daedalus