Ubuntu server 16 - Auth error

jackkitley

jackkitley

Hello

Last night after watching a movie my apple tv said that emby was not able to retrieve media. I tried to login again and it showed the server on the network and i could select it. It then displayed my username and i selected that then it went back to selecting the server and then the user. over and over. 

I then went to my browser on my mac and i tried to get in there. I tried to login but then it said that login failed although i have allowed no password on the local network which was weird.

I restarted and all worked again. Below are snippets of the log.

2020-02-23 19:48:12.406 Error UserManager: Error authenticating with provider Default
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.3.1.0
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.142
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: True
        Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 2
        Program data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
        System.Exception: System.Exception: Invalid username or password
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.DefaultAuthenticationProvider.Authenticate(String username, String password, User resolvedUser)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.AuthenticateWithProvider(IAuthenticationProvider provider, String username, String password, User resolvedUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
        TargetSite: System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Authentication.ProviderAuthenticationResult] Authenticate(System.String, System.String, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User)
2020-02-23 19:48:16.115 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.3.1.0
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.142
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: True
        Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 2
        Program data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
        SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Corrupt: database disk image is malformed
        SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
           at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
           at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
           at Emby.Sqlite.SqliteExtensions.ExecuteQuery(IStatement This)+MoveNext()
           at Emby.ActivityLog.ActivityRepository.GetActivityLogEntries(Nullable`1 minDate, Nullable`1 hasUserId, Nullable`1 startIndex, Nullable`1 limit)
           at Emby.ActivityLog.ActivityManager.GetActivityLogEntries(Nullable`1 minDate, Nullable`1 hasUserId, Nullable`1 startIndex, Nullable`1 limit)
           at Emby.ActivityLog.Api.ActivityLogService.Get(GetActivityLogs request)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
        TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCL.sqlite3, Int32)

jackkitley

Thanks

That worked but it happened again. I did the same and now it's working again but why is this happening?

I've had normal shutdowns...

jackkitley

I just shutdown the server or restart with reboot and shutdown.

I dont stop the emby server because I would think this handled itself?