Identify doesn't remove old collection ID in some cases

vdatanet

vdatanet

Why Life is included on Bad Boys Collection? It's similar to Bad Boys for Life?

Life metadata is correct:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/395992-life

And it's not included on Bad Boys Collection:

https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/14890

5e52f21fd095d_Capturadepantalla20200223a

Edited by vdatanet

Happy2Play

Should be only two ways.  It has the collectionid or accidently manually assigned.  Unless you have the logs file for when it happened it is hard to say.

• Like 1

vdatanet

Should be only two ways.  It has the collectionid or accidently manually assigned.  Unless you have the logs file for when it happened it is hard to say.

Yes, Life had the collentionid of Bad Boys Collection. When I added Life, match was wrong, I fixed it and updated metadata, but collectionid was not removed.

Happy2Play

Yes, Life had the collentionid of Bad Boys Collection. When I added Life, match was wrong, I fixed it and updated metadata, but collectionid was not removed.

Did you use identify or just edit external ids?  If you just edited external id and refreshed it will not remove all existing metadata.

vdatanet

Did you use identify or just edit external ids?  If you just edited external id and refreshed it will not remove all existing metadata.

I fixed metadata using identify. I guess as Life does not belong to any collection, collectionid was unmodified. In that case collectionid should be cleared.

Happy2Play

The issue is the plugin does not remove items from existing collections (could never have custom collections if it did).  So the mis-identified "Bad Boys for Life" got added to collection and then Identify corrects all mis-identified info, to include collectionid (in my test) but will not remove from already created/updated Bad Boy Collection.  This requires a manual item remove from Collection.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

vdatanet

When you use identify all external IDs are reset.

In my case collectionid was not reset

vdatanet

The issue is the plugin does not remove items from existing collections (could never have custom collections if it did).  So the mis-identified "Bad Boys for Life" got added to collection and then Identify corrects all mis-identified info, to include collectionid (in my test) but will not remove from already created/updated Bad Boy Collection.  This requires a manual item remove from Collection.

Manual remove from collection is not enough, it's added again. You should manual edit metadata and remove collectionid

Happy2Play

Not sure why I get different results on the item via Identify

before

5e52fe71264e6_before.jpg

after

5e52fe805eb3f_after.jpg

vdatanet

Before (Bad Boys for Life):

5e5301176e17e_Before.png

After (Life):

5e5300fa62e59_After.jpg

TheMovieDb Collection is not modified. Strange why is different in my case. 

Edited by vdatanet

Happy2Play

It shouldn't matter, but all my tests were on Windows beta 4.4.0.16.

vdatanet

For me, it's consistent every time. Here is another example:

Star Wars a new Hope:

5e53c0e172093_Before.jpg

Using Identify, I've updated metadata to Starman:

5e53c10c00a85_After.jpg

TheMovie DbCollectionId is still 10 (Star Wars Saga)

embyserver.txt

Edited by vdatanet

Happy2Play

@@vdatanet

@@Luke

I can reproduce this when writing nfo files.  I can not reproduce on database only metadata.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

Does the new one have a collection id on moviedb?

The issue is the collectionid is not removed when re-identifying a item, this only applies to the nfo file.  You can replicate this on any movie.  So take any movie with a collectionid and re-identify it as something else you will see the collectionid is not removed.

vdatanet

Does the new one have a collection id on moviedb?

No, if the new one has a collection id, it's replaced. If the new one hasn't collection id, it's not cleared using nfo files.

Edited by vdatanet

Using server default metadata settings along with nfo enabled, and a pre-existing nfo file, I'm not able to reproduce. As I identify a movie from one title to another, back and forth, the moviedb collection id changes each time.

vdatanet

Using server default metadata settings along with nfo enabled, and a pre-existing nfo file, I'm not able to reproduce. As I identify a movie from one title to another, back and forth, the moviedb collection id changes each time.

Even if the movie does not belong to any collection on the moviedb?

Happy2Play

What do you mean the collectionid changes each time.  Did you test a movie with a collectionid and change it to a movie without a collectionid?

Just like the original example Bad Boys for Life has collectionid and identify as Life, the collectionid remains.  Reproducible on every movie.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Ok I see. This won't make it into 4.4 as it's a difficult one, but I'm adding it to my backlog. Thanks.

Would this just be a nfo plugin issue since database only metadata works properly?

It's something you can probably reproduce with other fields. Essentially when new values in the data are empty we tend to preserve the old so that information isn't lost. So that portion of the refresh process needs review.