MKV not playing on Web Client

kjohnsonmtg

kjohnsonmtg

This was happening on the Main Release of the server so I downloaded the Beta Server: Version 3.0.5287.19943.  I have tried to play mkv file with internal subtitles and a mkv with out subtitles and neither will play on the web client.  The web client just states that their was an error trying to play file.  I have a Windows 7 machine and do not have any codecs installed.  Therefore, I know this file will need to be transcoded to play.  I have attached logs for both files(with and with out subtitles).

server-63539164800.txt

transcode-e7a1a957-9452-4ed9-b28c-361bb643fb02.txt

transcode-f2a87d09-2f00-493e-9187-b7b859d524fb.txt

jhoff80

My guess would be that you're probably using IE?  Videos still don't work at all for me in IE (nor in the WP app, for that matter) either.  I think they're working on it but it sounds like it's been tough to pin a cause down.

Vicpa

Hi

I am not sure it is an ie11 problem. I can play mkv files just fine most of the time. Today I have been struggling with one title, "The Maltese Falcon" usually I just rip to TS files. I started with that but the server would only transcode with the "Director's Commentary" audio track. It didn't seem to be able to identify the standard  track. VLC played the rip just fine. MBT and MBC both crashed when trying to negotiate the DVD menu (separate issue I think). 

So I ripped it to mkv, which I am newbie to. I use handbrake and selected what I normally do, H.264 (Intel QSV), and pass thru of the audio in this case AC3 1.0 ch for the regular track and AC3 2.0 ch for the Director's Commentary version again no problem in VLC no go in the Web Client. I tried an mkv with just the main audio AC3 pass thru. no go as well.

All my other mkv's still play (transcode) just fine . I have attached the sections of the logs that seemed appropriate. If you need more let me know.

Server&Trancode.txt

Thanks,

kjohnsonmtg

My guess would be that you're probably using IE?  Videos still don't work at all for me in IE (nor in the WP app, for that matter) either.  I think they're working on it but it sounds like it's been tough to pin a cause down.

Thanks..It was an IE issue but I still get stuttering with the mkv in chrome..but the stuttering is probably a bandwidth issue..However the same files do not stutter using Plex..I prefer to use MB but just have to wait and see if updated MB Server software does the trick..