Icefilms, iWatchOnline, 1Channel

breezytm

breezytm

Can anyone be a dear and write a plugin/channel for

www.icefilms.info

www.iwatchonline.com

www.1channelmovie.com/

I promise to be forever grateful if that helps  :D​ 

I just love how fast the channel development is moving. 2 thumbs up. 

Edited by breezytm
  • Like 1

snazy2000

Icefilms is Ilegal.

iwatchonline's website says

After years of business, we have made the decision to close our door. 

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage and wish you best of luck in your future. Thank you.

and 1channekmovie is ilegal.

I doubt MB will want any ilegal channels 

• Like 1

breezytm

Uhmmm I see. Both XBMC and Plex has them so I thought perhaps you guys would too. Honestly I use MBC 90% of the time and XBMC the remaining 10% in my HTPC only because of these plugins.

Writing the plugin/channel is not illegal. Watching the contents are. It's a debatable topic. I've read threads in the past where some argues that watching the contents from the site is not illegal. The contents on the site however are illegal.

I'm not going to sit an argue what is and isn't legal. Thanks for clarifying that these channels would most likely never happen in MB.

Koleckai Silvestri

Snazy2000 has written most of the plugins. He has to do what he feels is right. Another developer might think differently. The projects stance though is that these types of add-ons aren't officially allowed in the project catalog. Even XBMC denounces these plugins and doesn't allow discussion of them on their website.

• Like 1

sfnetwork

MB doesn't even do a Youtube channel because of the agreement limitations so I really doubt Icefilms would be done...

Still, it's unclear why Plex made a Youtube channel in their official channel catalog since I would presume they have to follow the same agreement...

sfnetwork

Uhmmm I see. Both XBMC and Plex has them so I thought perhaps you guys would too. Honestly I use MBC 90% of the time and XBMC the remaining 10% in my HTPC only because of these plugins.

Writing the plugin/channel is not illegal. Watching the contents are. It's a debatable topic. I've read threads in the past where some argues that watching the contents from the site is not illegal. The contents on the site however are illegal.

I'm not going to sit an argue what is and isn't legal. Thanks for clarifying that these channels would most likely never happen in MB.

IceFilms, etc... aren't in the official Plex channel, just in the unofficial store so Plex isn't responsible for it.

As for XBMC, not sure.... I guess since the addon isn't actually hosted in XBMC servers that makes it not their problem...

Edited by sfnetwork
  • Like 1

CWNashvegas

IceFilms, etc... aren't in the official Plex channel, just in the unofficial store so Plex isn't responsible for it.

As for XBMC, not sure.... I guess since the addon isn't actually hosted in XBMC servers that makes it not their problem...

For XBMC, they aren't in the official repos, they aren't supported on the main site. The official .org has nothing to do with them.

• Like 1

BATTLE DONKEY

I have been shut down a few times already trying to convince family and friends to switch to or at least give Media Browser a try. For simplicity, built in features and ease of use, MB wins hands down over the competition but the question usually comes up about icefilms, navi-x or any other media streaming plugins and that's usually where they lose interest. I know the MB team is sticking to legal means (even tho ripping DVDs/blurays is in a grey area) but are 3rd party plugins for icefilms etc allowed? I think that would pretty much give MB everything people could possibly ask for and a whole lot more

• Like 1

Our policy is to not knowingly and directly break any US laws and not steal other people's property.  This policy extends to  our plug-ins.

• Like 5

aspdend

I agree with ebr - it would be wrong to knowingly implement a plug-in that is illegal

BATTLE DONKEY

I know, and agree with staying within legal means. I was just curious about how much free reign 3rd party developers and their plugins can get so that I can give an honest answer of "who knows what others might offer via plugins" or "not happening, sorry" for when the question pops up because like I said before, that question always seems to come up and its an answer I can't give so those people usually lose interest quick afterwards

Koleckai Silvestri

The code is open source so anyone with a compiler can create plugin DLLs. However the team controls the catalog so they would have to distribute them from elsewhere.

breezytm

Legal and illegal has always been a grey area. With that being said, if this thread is raising the wrong flag by all means please do what is necessary. I don't want to not follow any of the forums rules. However, I do share BATTLE DONKEY issue. All my friends loves the concept of not ever having to leave windows media center. Place WMC in media mode and never exit it out and its very easy on the wifes and kids but one thing no one wants to loose is these plugins. XBMC would never admit it but frankly these plugins are the only reason why they are still staking around. IOS runs the mobile phone market and XBMC is not even on there. Plex and MB are. Anyway, it would be great to allow third party programmers to have access to load their own catalog and let's get the party started. 

CWNashvegas

Read Wayne's post again - 

The code is open source so anyone with a compiler can create plugin DLLs. However the team controls the catalog so they would have to distribute them from elsewhere.

Bold mine. Anyone capable of creating such plugins should certainly also be able to sort out how to get it to people. It's not a problem that needs solving from this end.

snazy2000

All the catalog does is downloads a dll file and puts in to plugins folder

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

breezytm

All the catalog does is downloads a dll file and puts in to plugins folder

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

What I am getting from this statement is I can manually put the file there and voila!?

Well, I'll say one more thing about the concept of circumventing our catalog - The only way the core MB developers get any compensation for the incredible amount of work that goes into the system that supports the plug-ins is via people becoming MB Supporters.  This is why it is a requirement for paid plug-ins to only work for MB Supporters.  This is the only way the core team gets anything.

Therefore, we do not want a black market of paid plug-ins that circumvents our catalog and validation routines.

• Like 1

c0m3r

I think the issue here is the same as with piracy in general in that it will it always be extremely difficult to stop it. These channels will likely appear in time as media browser becomes more mainstream and starts to eat into XBMC territory. I personally agree with the XBMC method of not directly supplying such plugins but not actively putting countermeasures in to stop it either. At the end of the day, community projects such as XBMC and mediabrowser are all about giving people control over the media and if people want to install these plugins and take the associated risks then that is their choice in my opinion.

I do agree EBR that a black market store would be undesirable but if the team don't want such plug ins in the catalog then it seems inevitable to me that it will eventually happen. The best way to me that mediabrowser and other developers in general can avoid piracy is to keep prices reasonable; as they are now. If prices were reasonable to begin with then piracy would be much less important than it is now, netflix is proving that point very well.

• Like 1

breezytm

I think the issue here is the same as with piracy in general in that it will it always be extremely difficult to stop it. These channels will likely appear in time as media browser becomes more mainstream and starts to eat into XBMC territory. I personally agree with the XBMC method of not directly supplying such plugins but not actively putting countermeasures in to stop it either. At the end of the day, community projects such as XBMC and mediabrowser are all about giving people control over the media and if people want to install these plugins and take the associated risks then that is their choice in my opinion.

I do agree EBR that a black market store would be undesirable but if the team don't want such plug ins in the catalog then it seems inevitable to me that it will eventually happen. The best way to me that mediabrowser and other developers in general can avoid piracy is to keep prices reasonable; as they are now. If prices were reasonable to begin with then piracy would be much less important than it is now, netflix is proving that point very well.

I couldn't agree more.

MB expanding into XBMC and Plex territory is just a matter of time. I am a heavy plex, xbmc and now MB user. I am very active in xbmc and plex forum as well and many of the things the users have been asking plex and xbmc dev to implement in years have been added in MB in matter of weeks or from the get go. MB devs have been doing a tremedous job and I would like to see the solution reaches its full potential. No one likes limitation. Limitations are the real reason why people pirate to begin with. We have seen it time and time again. Apple store is one big example.

• 2 years later...
litespeeder

I think this discussion is beating a dead horse.  MB will never allow nor host illegal plugins.  I get that, why doesn't anyone else?