Media Browser Windows 8.1 app play to doesnt show xbox one?

markm75

markm75

Maybe i'm just missing something here, but i have a laptop with media browser installed as an app.. i can browse tv/videos just fine.. i choose the play to.. but nothing is listed, no option for xbox one console.

The xbox one and laptop are both behind the router.. there is no firewall running on the laptop.. i'm unsure if i'm just missing a step here or another issue is going on...

Anyone ran into this? (i do have xbox video and music installed on the xbox one)

Thanks

Edited by markm75

Deathsquirrel

Works fine for me as of 3 minutes ago but the xbox one has to be on to show up in the list of targets.

markm75

Works fine for me as of 3 minutes ago but the xbox one has to be on to show up in the list of targets.

When i select play to via the media browser win 8.1 app.. i dont see that as an option to send to.. that is, nothing is there, no xbox one.. I wasnt sure if maybe there was a setting i needed to turn on the xbox itself though..

I may try this via the xbox one IE interface tonight to see if even that works for streaming for me..

My server version is 3.0.5233.40306

Edited by markm75

markm75

When i select play to via the media browser win 8.1 app.. i dont see that as an option to send to.. that is, nothing is there, no xbox one.. I wasnt sure if maybe there was a setting i needed to turn on the xbox itself though..

I may try this via the xbox one IE interface tonight to see if even that works for streaming for me..

My server version is 3.0.5233.40306

I updated to the latest version of server.. i DO see xbox one listed via the localhost web page portal as an active device.. but on my windows 8.1 app, in the play to.. i do not see xbox console listed there unfortunately.

UPDATE:  I went into network and sharing.. found the setting for turning media sharing on.. suddenly i have many options under play to.. i had assumed i had turned that on, which i normally do by default.. but maybe since the 8.1 upgrade i had not re-enabled.

Edited by markm75