Upping the log level to trace (-l trace) and running the delete command (in dry run mode of course) might give you some hints. But off the top of my head, my best guess would be that the movie is visible in another library that you did not exclude. The exclude lists prevent a library from being scanned, it does not mark items in an excluded library from never being deleted (though this is an interesting alternative to the current behaviour). So if an item is in both an excluded lib and one that isn't, the file is still eligible for deletion as it will be found in the lib that was not excluded.
In my env, no item is ever visible in more than one lib so that's why I ended up implementing it the way I did.
Edited by Slugger, 20 March 2020 - 03:45 PM.