MediaInfo Icons

Yogi
Go to solution Solved by Yogi,

Yogi

Had to do a reinstall of Win7 today and have everything back up and running,but I cannot get my custom MediaInfo icons to show in any theme.

What I have tried.

Cleaned out Custom Folder in Programdata/Mediabroswer Classic/imagecache.

Created MediaInfo folder in the IBN folder under the Server directory.

Created an All folder under the MediaInfo folder. Not showing in MBC

Created a seperate folder for specific themes ie;Chocolate,Subdued and Square, still no go.

Does anyone have any ideas what to do further as I had them in the previous install before formatting.All images are .png and have worked for as long as I can remember.

Cheers

Yogi

AdrianW

I have all mine in the same place as you: ImagesByName/MediaInfo/All and mine are all png files as well.

I think you may need to run a Scan Media Library task.

Edited by AdrianW

Yogi

Thanks Adrian,I have done all that but with no luck.Dont know what is going on as I added some studio icons and they are showing as expected.

Good day,

I think these images now build with MBC, as you see:

53aa201915bf4_mediab3abo1744.jpg

And my mediainfo folder is empty:

53aa2062a342b_mediab3abo1745.jpg

So I suggest, you remove any folders under MediaInfo top folder, and test after that.

I test the issue with Chocolate.

My best

AdrianW

Abo - default images are probably provided, but I think it's still possible to customize the images if the user wants to.

@@Yogi - perhaps you need to clear the MBC image cache to force it to rebuild - I think it is here: C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\ImageCache

Yogi

Thanks guys for the help,but the icons are not being picked up by either my main or test machine.

Deleted everything in imagecache.

Abo the default images are being picked up by MBC but in what directory are they stored as I cannot find it.

@@Luke or @@ebr,do you guys have a fix or suggestion for this.As said previously it was all working ok before the HD format yesterday.

Cheers

Yogi

Edited by Yogi

buddyweiser

My setup works, but it's different. Instead of the folder "All", mine are in the theme named folder, ie "Chocolate".

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Solution
Yogi

Finally solved,I had some naming conventions wrong with the icons. User error as always. :(

All good so thanks to all for their suggestions

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
blumamba

Can you provide the correct naming conventions?  I now have the same issue.  I just installed a new ssd and upon setup and rescan, the htpc will not show the custom icons or the studios.  Are they supposed to go in the ImagesByName folder on the server or the client? 

To further that it will not show 7.1, it only shows 5.1?

Thanks for your time

blumamba

That's what I thought but none of the icons will show up as they did before I reinstalled.  here is a sample naming which appears to be correct - codec_DTS-HD_HRA71 - Now those icons will not show up nore will the studio icons.  Am I supposed to reinstall the MB classic on the client too? Or place those folders in it?

Thanks

blumamba

Ok. Thanks.  I will change them.  What about the studio icons?  I haven't changed any of them and they will not display either.

Not sure.  You have them in the Studio folder?

What shows up in the web client when you view studios?  You can view and edit images for them there as well.

blumamba

They are in the Studio folder which was installed.  I did not have to create on and there are icons in them.  I did however add other studios from my back up copy but it didn't make a difference.

blumamba

If I actually select the "studio" it will display them.  However it will not display them in the client while scrolling through the movies etc.

blumamba

In the web view I see were it describes The "profile" and "layout" for the audio as 5.1 when its actually 7.1 and reconfirmed through mediainfo.  So that is probably why it will not display the correct icons.  How do I fix that?

I'm not sure.  That means that our ffprobe of that file is returning that information (or we are mis-interpreting it).  I would open a new thread with a specific example that Luke can look at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
blumamba

Since the last major update,  My custom icons only display dts-hd and ddtruehd.  They are located in the "metadata" folder under the "mediainfo" and worked previously. Now it shows the standard icons.  The naming conventions don't appear to have changed?  Here is an example of my std dd , "codec_ac3" but will not show.  The last time I had this issue it took almost 4 weeks for it to correct itself.  So I am at a loss again?  I also noticed that my people had started to show up again, only some.  So I checked my "people" folder and found no new information.  So I then checked the "program data" folder and discovered that a new "MediaBrowser" folder had been created with only one folder, "ImagesByName" with the people pics.  I had previously deleted that due to the new "metadata" folder taking its place and briefly working.   So I copied over the info from the new one created to the "people" folder in "metadata" and deleted the folder again.  I then discovered all my people gone.  After a refresh the folder I just deleted reappeared and began to copy empty folders from the "metadata" folder. After it was complete I than checked and still had no people.  I then copied the "people" from the "metadata" folder to the new people folder created in the "program data" file and refreshed and there were the people again?  I was under the impression they were going to be in the "metadata" folder under the "roaming" folder?  So where is it supposed to be?

Thanks