My 1 year Embyversary!

fizzyade

fizzyade

So, Facebook has just reminded me that it's a year to the day since I switched off P**x and started up an Emby server.

I'd tried Emby on an off for a couple of years, but it never felt quite "there", either rough, stability issues or missing features.  This fateful day, I tried it again and was surpised to see that it had not only solved those issues and reached parity with "the other software", but had gone past it.

The catalyst for me trying again was the direction that they were taking, over the past year I've been so glad that I did make the change with the rubbish they've been adding.  Funnily enough, me switching had just come off the back of me finally after years of asking getting the CTO to realise there was an issue with the android system and sonos regarding DTS.  He didn't realise that an option was missing that was available in other clients, he said he'd get somebody to look at it.  After approximately 2 or 3 weeks a several betas which either didn't work or partially worked there was a working solution.

After running Emby, I noticed the same issue (basically sonos doesn't support DTS, but there was no way of disabling DTS as a supported codec on a per client basis, so Emby would happily stream DTS which would then be pumped out of optical into the sonos and glorious silence),  I posted on here about the issue, and I think @@Luke responded quickly and in less than 24 hours I had a working beta version that supported the Sonos Playbar!

That pretty much sold me, I bought a life time license a few days later.

I haven't looked back since.  I've posted requests, ideas, issues etc and the team here are always very responsive.

And for my Embyversary I got a fix for the thing that has bugged me the most since day one, the (stupid!) paging system on web client!  GONE!  Proper scrolling list!

Here's to you guys continuing to listen to your customers about what they want from the platform and not introducing FUD because it pleases venture capatalists.

I suspecct you'll be getting a lot more switchers.

• Like 4

Gilgamesh_48

I haven't looked back since.  I've posted requests, ideas, issues etc and the team here are always very responsive.

Yes. The Emby developers are a bit like God. They answer all prayers but, sometimes, the answer is "NO."