movies not appearing in collections

kaledi

I'm having an issue whereby a great number of movies are not appearing in collections.

For example, I have all three of the Back to The Future Movies, and only one of them is appearing in the collection.

I've adhered carefully to the correct naming convention and put each movie into it's own folder.

I've even attempted to manually asign a movie to a collection but it still doesn't appear.

I've installed the Auto Boxsets.

Happy2Play

Is all the information in the collection.xml correct?  Do you have multi-versions of your media?

Where can I find the xml?

I have multiple copies of the same version of the movie e.g. A mkv hevc and mp4 avc version. Naming convention is correct

Happy2Play

Where can I find the xml?

I have multiple copies of the same version of the movie e.g. A mkv hevc and mp4 avc version. Naming convention is correct

"\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections" 

You can look a the Dashboard in the Paths box to get the general location.

thanks - found it.

So this is the xml for Back to the future.  All three movies are in the XML

Two of them have registered from the MP4 versions I have and the other one from the MKV.  It is only the single MKV i.e. Part III that appears in the collection.  As a reminder I have two files for each,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

<Item><ContentRating>GB-PG</ContentRating><Added>02/09/2020 12:54:27</Added><LockData>false</LockData><Overview>An American science fiction–comedy film series that follows the adventures of a high school student, Marty McFly and an eccentric scientist, Dr Emmett L. Brown as they use a DeLorean time machine to time travel to different periods in the history of Hill Valley, California.</Overview><LocalTitle>Back To The Future</LocalTitle><TmdbId>264</TmdbId><Genres><Genre>Adventure</Genre><Genre>Comedy</Genre><Genre>Science Fiction</Genre><Genre>Family</Genre></Genres><Studios><Studio>Universal Pictures</Studio><Studio>Amblin Entertainment</Studio><Studio>U-Drive Productions</Studio></Studios><CollectionItems><CollectionItem><Path>/nfs/Media/Movies/ABCDEF/Back to the Future Part I (1985)/Back to the Future Part I (1985) - (mp4).mp4</Path></CollectionItem><CollectionItem><Path>/nfs/Media/Movies/ABCDEF/Back to the Future Part II (1989)/Back to the Future Part II (1989) - (mp4).mp4</Path></CollectionItem><CollectionItem><Path>/nfs/Media/Movies/ABCDEF/Back to the Future Part III (1990)/Back to the Future Part III (1990) - (mkv).mkv</Path></CollectionItem></CollectionItems><DisplayOrder>PremiereDate</DisplayOrder>

</Item>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

<Item><ContentRating>GB-PG</ContentRating><Added>02/09/2020 12:54:27</Added><LockData>false</LockData><Overview>An American science fiction–comedy film series that follows the adventures of a high school student, Marty McFly and an eccentric scientist, Dr Emmett L. Brown as they use a DeLorean time machine to time travel to different periods in the history of Hill Valley, California.</Overview><LocalTitle>Back To The Future</LocalTitle><TmdbId>264</TmdbId><Genres><Genre>Adventure</Genre><Genre>Comedy</Genre><Genre>Science Fiction</Genre><Genre>Family</Genre></Genres><Studios><Studio>Universal Pictures</Studio><Studio>Amblin Entertainment</Studio><Studio>U-Drive Productions</Studio></Studios><CollectionItems><CollectionItem><Path>/nfs/Media/Movies/ABCDEF/Back to the Future Part I (1985)/Back to the Future Part I (1985) - (mp4).mp4</Path></CollectionItem><CollectionItem><Path>/nfs/Media/Movies/ABCDEF/Back to the Future Part II (1989)/Back to the Future Part II (1989) - (mp4).mp4</Path></CollectionItem><CollectionItem><Path>/nfs/Media/Movies/ABCDEF/Back to the Future Part III (1990)/Back to the Future Part III (1990) - (mkv).mkv</Path></CollectionItem></CollectionItems><DisplayOrder>PremiereDate</DisplayOrder>

</Item>

Sorry - formatting isn't sticking when I post.

The only thing to note as I'm digging is that I have a 'root' profile and the collections are owned by root.  I have my own profile that I administer the library from.  Don't know if that makes a difference

Happy2Play

I thought this was fixed in 4.3.

If you changed those item path to the other version and did a library scan (Scan ALL), do they appear in the collection?

Edited by Happy2Play

I thought this was fixed in 4.3.

If you changed those item path to the other version and did a library scan (Scan ALL), do they appear in the collection?

Just tried that and it made no difference

Happy2Play

If you were to delete the Back to The Future collection, then move those Back to The Future Movies to a different folder, and do a Library scan does the collection appear properly?

Did as you suggested and updated auto boxsets and low and behold the collection re-appeared with all 3 films.

Is this the solution?  Rename the movie folder in which I store the movies.  I think I will have to do this for the whole library, or create a new library for the existing folders?

Happy2Play

This points to a database issue of items not being added or removed completely.  So the new path forces the item to be new in the database.  I would assume the rogue entries still exist.

Does this require me to change paths for my whole movie collection, or could I achieve the same effect by creating a duplicate of the movies library?

For the next release I can take a shot at resolving this so that hopefully you can just refresh the metadata on the collection.