Unable to login My Emby Conn

Ralph's Emby
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Ralph's Emby

Hi,

Yesterday was watching a Movie, I noticed the resolution went from 1080p to 720p, try to force the resolution but nothing, try to go to settings and noticed there was a bad lag, so I log out and back in but...

Now I cannot login I only get an Emby logo, no option to login, no accounts name, only to select Emby Premier at the top right, if I click it try to offer but even that is broken and cannot become a Premier...

I try to login to from my Android Mobile and get unable to login, try to use different server, adding my Ip but cannot connect.

On my PC it will not offer me to select different Server I only get a big Emby Logo but no options to do anything ???

I'm basically a new Emby Customer, started to test the Water to see if I become a Premier Customer due to be able to add madVR but honestly it is less than 3 weeks and already cannot login into Emby Conn.

How I can reset all my Emby credentials to make the app offer me to login into my Account ??

Note: this is from my PC not remote, I should have access.

Why this happen and how I can resolve it ?

Attached a Screenshot, so you see what I mean. Hope this helps. @@cayars

post-575130-0-45222600-1581968270_thumb.png

Edited by Ralph's Emby

@@Ralph's Emby

Have you tried stopping and restarting the server?

Have you tried to force a browser refresh or tried a different browser?  This would just make sure it's not a goofy browser issue.

Ralph's Emby

Yes, I did. If try different Browser eg- IE it will stay in a permanent login status but never login, via my Emby App in my phone, "Unable to Login" and try to add a server name or IP (mine) and still same issue, no luck. In regard my browser refresh.. Yes, lost count how many times...lol

It is not the browser, seems is Emby or Emby Setting

Edited by Ralph's Emby

@Ralph's Emby try and do what Luke asked above, but if you get stuck and can't do this send me a private message here on the system for assistance.

• Solution

Just an update but this was caused by a configuration error of the network setting and it was blacklisted.  All is fine now.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, tomcatemby said:

I am having the same issue with the blacklist. How can I fix this?

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? What exactly did you do?

tomcatemby
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? What exactly did you do?

Much Ralph Emby, cannot connect via Emby Connect. It will say wrong user name or password, even though I have reset it.

@cayars

Hi how did you reset it?

You do not need to post a pic but if from Emby server web UI, clicking on users and then selecting a user. Do you have the Emby Connect username filled in for one of the users you are trying to login with?  In other words you have created a local user, then filled in the optional Emby Connect username?

2 hours ago, tomcatemby said:

Emby1.PNG

On this screen you'll be using your local server username and password, not your Emby forum username and password.

These are your own managed users on your personal private server, created by you. Have you forgotten the username and password you initially setup when installing the server?

You may not be able to change the password depending on the profile setup you have for them and specifically if you enabled:
"Allow this user to change their password and profile image"

You as the admin can change any user's password or reset it.

Does this answer your question? You need to login with the admin user account on your server. Have you forgotten this? If you've forgotten this, try going through the forgot password process again, only this time, leave the username blank on the forgot password screen.

This will then reset the password for every single user on your server, so at that point, you should be able to get in with a blank password.

I believe the root issue here is you are confusing the difference between the locally managed users on your server, and our Emby Connect cloud login feature. Remember these are two different things.

• Like 1