How to hide a library from search? I have two libraries with the same show

WhoDis

Hey I have a library with all my shows

and a second library which only has few of most popular shows

how can I make it such when I search I only get one show to chose and add to favorite?

Currently both shows show up in search results and if I add to favorite both shows are added 

https://imgur.com/a/rgWhLsC

Hi there, we don't currently have any options for this, but it's a good idea for the future. Thanks.

thanks would like to make it a feature request then

The shows could be merged though if you put them in the same library.

I wouldnt want to tbh made  a library of duplicates for the sole purpose of highlighting popular shows so they can stand out from the other shows and its easier to find something popular to watch

Spaceboy

I wouldnt want to tbh made a library of duplicates for the sole purpose of highlighting popular shows so they can stand out from the other shows and its easier to find something popular to watch

why wouldn’t you just mark the show as a favourite? Depending on your client these are highlighted very well, for example android tv

Happy2Play

could we use like a custom ccs to hide one folder or library from been searched?

No there is no way to target search results with css.  This would a be a Feature Request to selectively search per library.

why wouldn’t you just mark the show as a favourite? Depending on your client these are highlighted very well, for example android tv

will that share it with everyone in my friends circle?

WoodyJ007

I'm new after using Plex for many many years. I've just used the favourite option in this scenario and what it does is create duplicate favourites also. On one movie that is listed in 3 different folders of different quality if I favourite say the 4k version it appears 3 times on my favourite list.

Is this an known bug/issue?  

Edited by WoodyJ007

Happy2Play

I'm new after using Plex for many many years. I've just used the favourite option in this scenario and what it does is create duplicate favourites also. On one movie that is listed in 3 different folders of different quality if I favourite say the 4k version it appears 3 times on my favourite list.

Is this an known bug/issue?  

Userdata favorites/resume/played is tracked by providerids not path.  So you will get every item with that IMDB, TMDB, TVDB id in your media collection.  Only items that are not tracked by providerid are items without providerids and those are tracked by a databaseid.