Stop Emby Organising Files

a1pilot
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi,

Is it possible to stop Emby organising files?

I have a flat structure per TV show at the moment (all seasons in one folder, named SXXEYY) because it is used with other services and shows are auto sorted into season folders by Emby.

I don't want to use any of the features for bringing in external data, and I don't want it to sort the library.

Is there an option / tweaks that can be made to have it just display all files in one list (i.e. it shows a folder for each TV show and within that it has a list of everything in that folder on the server)?

This is both for the web player / app views (assuming it would be a library setting), and for the dlna feature.

Thanks

• Solution

Is there an option / tweaks that can be made to have it just display all files in one list

Hi, you could setup the library using the home videos content type. You won't get any TV-specific features when doing it this way, but it will give you the presentation that you're looking for.

• Like 1

Hi, you could setup the library using the home videos content type. You won't get any TV-specific features when doing it this way, but it will give you the presentation that you're looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just run it as a quick test and it still sorts them into seasons.

If Emby already has a library for "Television" set as mixed content, and you add a new one ("TV TEST" as home video) with the same directory path, does it just duplicate it? Maybe a possible reason it didn't work.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just run it as a quick test and it still sorts them into seasons.

No it doesn't, not unless you have season folders in your folder structure. Make sure to remove the TV and run a full scan before trying this.

No it doesn't, not unless you have season folders in your folder structure. Make sure to remove the TV and run a full scan before trying this.

Created a new folder and copied some shows in as a trial. Setup a completely new "home videos" library. Works as you described (retained the flat structure).

Looks like it can recognise an existing library path and just duplicates the content, regardless of how you setup the library.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by a1pilot