Regarding Emby for LG

Nitro_Zeus

Nitro_Zeus

Hello bois

i have a LG TV where i cannot find Emby in app store. 

Luke gave me a link to a Samsung Tiezen.zip file where i can just install emby from USB to the TV 

does this exist to a LG tv aswell? 

thanks ;) 

Gilgamesh_48

Hello bois

i have a LG TV where i cannot find Emby in app store. 

Luke gave me a link to a Samsung Tiezen.zip file where i can just install emby from USB to the TV 

does this exist to a LG tv aswell? 

thanks ;)

I STRONGLY recommend against using any apps designed for so called "smart" TVs. It is MUCH better to get a decent box like a Roku or a Fire TV to stream to your TV. Apps for smart TVs are not well maintained or updated and if your TV fails you loose all customizations that you have made while, if you have a separate box you can just move it to a new TV and everything is as it was.

There are other reasons to not use apps on "smart" TVs as well.

Another thing is I recommend against using wireless connections. Interference and other factors can often make wireless connections very problematic.

I have a TCL "smart" TV and I find its interface slow and sloppy and any updates to it are often delayed or, sometimes, not even available. I use a Roku Ultra, A Fire TV box and a Shield TV connected to my TCL and they work great and I have no problem keeping the apps up to date.

Nitro_Zeus

Okay thanks Luke, there will be a announcements ones it comes out i guess ;) 

Thanks for your advice Gilgamesh_48 i live in Denmark and do not know those programs, and not sure if i even can run/use them 

Maybe use Apple Tv box, or cast from the phone would be a better idea? then. 

Gilgamesh_48

Okay thanks Luke, there will be a announcements ones it comes out i guess ;)

Thanks for your advice Gilgamesh_48 i live in Denmark and do not know those programs, and not sure if i even can run/use them 

Maybe use Apple Tv box, or cast from the phone would be a better idea? then. 

Casting, in my opinion, is not a good way to view your media simply because it is kind of a kludge. It works, usually, but it is just clumsy.

Rokus work just about everywhere. They may have some apps that do not work because of georestrictions but I am 99.99% sure that Emby is set to be an "anywhere" app. I know it works in Germany, Italy, France, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Norway and Sweden because I have people in those countries that I deal with regularly and the use Emby on Rokus.

The Fire TV box is an Amazon device and I do not know where it works other than the US.

The Shield TV is simply a fancy Android box, many people say it has about the best picture and sound you can find, I think they are available worldwide but I do not know for sure.

I use Roku Ultras 99% of the time for my Emby playback. They are easy to use and work great.

Apple TV runs Emby OK I understand but I have never dealt with anything Apple because I decided some time ago that Apple products had no place in my ecosystem.