Lock Screen / Padlock

smc007i

Can I suggest a lock screen option while watching episodes on my phone/mobile device.  I'd reference the VLC player app as a good example of one.

I've been using Emby on my mobile phone everyday this last week on my commute to and from work on the trains & tubes of London and discovered a few things.

While standing on a crowded train holding your device it would be useful to lock the screen once you are watching - this means that any adjustments you have to make to holding the phone (due to pushy passengers or aggressive braking by drivers) doesn't accidently pause, rewind or fast forward the media or switch out of the app if you touch the screen by accident.  VLC use a simple padlock icon/button for this function, check it out.

Secondly, I've found that when I have to change trains/tubes at a stations I can't just lock my screen while watching an episode, put my phone in my pocket, walk to the next platform, unlock my screen and carry on watching.  I have to go back into the Emby app after unlocking my screen, find the episode I was watching and 'resume'.  Can you link the lock button on the phone to automatically pause playing and lock emby in the foreground and then when I unlock the phone it is ready to carry on where I left off? Or am I just doing something wrong for this not to work this way?

Otherwise the app has been great.

Thanks,

S